Help Reducing CPU Usage/Lag

Abysinian

Depending on your set up, I suspect mcmmo is lag culprit. If you have nolagg installed, turn off all the features bar examine (nolagg sucks for creating lagg o.O, exmaine is only good feature). Kick start your server, get a few people running around and then /nolagg examine [some-amount-of-time-in-ms] and check out the results.

More often than not, mcmmo is way at the top. Usually hitting 400+ms / 10000ms examined. Which doesnt sound a huge amount, until, you compare that with 100+ms from the chunk loader (often a good ear mark for a heavy load)

Also look at removing wireless redstone addon from your /mods. It will account for roughly 80% of cpu tick usage within any given time frame. Even when not being directly used, because it runs constant server checks looking for wireless redstone even when there is none (badly coded).

Um I am quite new to server management and that stuff. Is it good to have 44.33MS/500 Ticks on the report?

TekkitRestrict stops chunk loading errors caused by world anchors, quarries etc, install that to remove lag. Plugins such as NoLag can actually lag a server.

I've been having a nightmare trying to get tekkit restrict to work properly, would anyone be open to taking a peak at my config file. If so, which config file would you like to see?

• 2 weeks later...

@jhs232

44/500 is ok. Best to just play it by ear.

If you are worried about a plugin, remove it and watch your server performance.

@nateedubs

I tried tekkitrestrict too and after endless crashing I removed it and looked towards other plugins;

1. Tekkit customizer
  2. nospawnchunks
  3. nospawn

These plugins have made a huge difference to my server and after some tweaking everything is smooth with almost no crashes.