Download failed because AVG is a scrub [SOLVED]

Firenter

Question

Hi, I just downloaded the launcher and all was well until I came across this:

2Oa56.png

I closed and opened the launcher again, but it would be the same, only with a different percentage.

Launcher/pack Version: launcher 0.5.4.4

Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Version of Java: Java 7 update 2

If anyone knows what this is about, or how to fix it I would appreciate the help!

EDIT: some additional info here, it appears that it happens during the download of the minecraft update and also seems to happen when I run vanilla minecraft and not through the launcher...

EDIT 2: Ok, now it's not happening in vanilla anymore, but I have no idea how that happened...

7 answers to this question

Re: Download failed

I'm having this same problem. It always gets stuck at some different point in the download and when i wait for a minute it comes up with "Download Failed"

Hope someone can help us

I have deleted my .techniclauncher folder and started over from scratch multiple times and tried using both the .jar and the .exe launch. Neither will make it all the way through the download. With the .jar i get the problem he is getting and with the .exe i get an "unhandled error" and it stops the download.

EDIT: I can't run any of the the mods in the launcher pack

Hey, I fixed it!

Apparently certain parts of AVG had failed to uninstall and linger on my PC which blocked access to the downloads...

So yeah, AVG is a dickburger and you should get something else, if it lets you that is... ::) ::)

I was having the same issue. Went and opened AVG, checked the "enable game mode". Works like a champ now.

Now if I can just find some antiseptic for these freaking scratches I got from fighting with the dog when i got pissed off at the launcher. Stupid animals and their claws.

temporary install help i got this to work ok this is what i did. firstly i created a new user on my computer it has to be new or it wont work then i downloaded the launcher from the technic pack website and then ran it. after that i downloaded it and it didnt say download failed it actually downloaded it after that to get it on my main user i copyied the .technicpack launcher form %appdata% to a usb or to my main users documents i also copied the launcher. after that i logged off that user went to my main user then i copied the .technicpacklauncher (.techniclauncher) to %appdata% this is not the actual launcher this is the files from the downloaded stuff we got from the other users %appdata%. after its done copying to your %appdata% get the launcher that we also put on the usb and put it on your desktop and launch it.

then select technic pack in the drop down box up in the top corner and login with your account then click the login button and wait for it to start up minecraft it will be white for a couiple of minutes it takes a while so be patient then the mojang screen should pop up and that will take longer so be patient for some more then if its done right it should go to the main menu and your done :) :) ;):D i hope it works for you

best regards pawz360

MOD EDIT: Goddammit don't sign your posts.