Launcher Opens then Closes Within 3 seconds

AoC Asgard

Question

Hi, I have searched the forum for a solution to my problem and I have tried a few things and everything seems to have failed thus far. I updated my Windows 7 computer to Java 6 Update 31 (64-bit) thinking maybe this would help my problem. It didn't. I have the tekkit server on my laptop and it works just fine others are able to join my server so i have no issue there but when i click the launcher it will load to anywhere between 98 and 100 % then close promptly. Then when i try opening the launcher after that it opens up the "Checking Launcher Version" Screen then closes immediately. I have tried opening the jar file with java but that has been just as useless. If anyone has any suggestions or questions ask. Thank you to anyone who takes time to read this.

8 answers to this question

It sounds like I was having the same issue.

I would run the techniclauncher.exe it would then pop up the downloading bar for a second or 2 then close.

What I did to fix it: deleted the .minecraft folder and .techniclauncher folder.

Ran Minecraft.exe and logged in - this redownloaded minecraft

Then I downloaded the lastest version of the techniclauncher (this step probably isnt neccessary)

I ran the launcher.exe and now the login screen shows.

It sounds like I was having the same issue.

I would run the techniclauncher.exe it would then pop up the downloading bar for a second or 2 then close.

What I did to fix it: deleted the .minecraft folder and .techniclauncher folder.

Ran Minecraft.exe and logged in - this redownloaded minecraft

Then I downloaded the lastest version of the techniclauncher (this step probably isnt neccessary)

I ran the launcher.exe and now the login screen shows.

Amusingly, what was unnecessary was redownloading vanilla minecraft, because Technic doesn't use that folder. What -was- necessary was in fact downloading a new launcher, due to the github going down.