Moogle Reviews - Love

The_DarthMoogle

Yeah, strange title, huh.

So how is Love best explained? In this sense it's an online co-op game. And like it's aetherial counterpart of the same name, it's utterly beautiful.

How Love works is like nothing I've really encountered before, so I'll lay it out as to how my experience panned out.

At first when you jump into this astonishing world, the graphics are blindingly complex. It's like calligraphy meets watercolour. You'll take a while just to get your bearings, but soon you'll be picking out a Con Dotita in the undergrowth a mile away. The world is spherical, and takes about ten minutes walk to go top to bottom. There are vast oceans and terrifyingly tall peaks. But the world changes slowly, but constantly. The ocean you saw yesterday will have swallowed up the surrounding hills, and that huge mountain moved left a mile too.

Your objective is to work with your fellow players to place a Monolith and build a settlement around it. You can reshape the world itself to form walls and houses to place your new tech such as forcefields, supply bunker things and radar stations. New technologies are gained by finding Tokens scattered across the world, and bringing them back to the Monolith gains everyone new tools and weapons. You can move all kinds of items and secrets to your settlement using cable relays and teleporters, which cost nothing to use. There's no action key either.

Yes, weapons. There are five other tribes on your spherical world all out to get you, and are basically doing what you do - collect Tokens, build their settlement, destroy everyone else entirely. By building up an infrastructure, any tribe can create a power link to a hostile Monolith, and destroy it.

And so Love is. Everyone you meet is so friendly, there's always a server up near you despite this game being 5 years old and still in development. I previewed the thread and was perturbed to find it so short. But this game is beautifully simple, yet deeply complex. It's atmospheric, characterful. A true masterpiece that the internet has forgotten all too quickly. And it's free. Which is criminal. Donation gets you your own username, plus some neat endgame stuff I have yet to explore. You have got to play it, because it's games like this that should move the industry forward.

http://www.quelsolaar.com/love/index.html

And I thought the title suggested some Hentai Sim Dating...

Oh goodness someone needs to get a ladyfriend (Or guyfriend).

Anyways, this looks interesting but the shapes of the building/tech/whatever don't appeal to me. I dunno, if I find time I may check it out, but frankly I'm too busy to check out new games right now.

I'm disappointed: I expected a review of Moogles in love. Like a 9-12 crossover.

And we all know jakj is in it for the moogle-on-moogle action. :eek:

Anyways, will consider giving it a whirl soon, even though it didn't appeal to me at first several months ago.

• Moderators

Oh goodness someone needs to get a ladyfriend (Or guyfriend).

Nothing wrong about Hentai Dating games, they actually teach you to work up to meet her standards, instead of being a dickbag. Which I've seen too many times that guys treat women.

And it forces you to remember what she has said earlier, so if she asks you when her birthday is during your "date" and you cant remember... then your screwed.

Nothing wrong about Hentai Dating games, they actually teach you to work up to meet her standards, instead of being a dickbag. Which I've seen too many times that guys treat women.

And it forces you to remember what she has said earlier, so if she asks you when her birthday is during your "date" and you cant remember... then your screwed.

How other men/women treat their significant others isn't my problem: As long as I treat mine right, I'm all good. Plus if everyone else is a dickbag out there, it makes me look that much better.

Also if you forgot her birthday then you might be a dickbag. Gotta learn to listen to each other.

As for Hentai, it reminds me of this forum, there may be tentacles going every where but they eventually get to the point.

I could kiss you right on the mouth that was so funny. Oh wow, never thought of it that way. That's hilarious but actually pretty true about the forum and how we go off-topic, on-topic, off-topic again, more off-topic, way off-topic, then back on-topic before the thread dies.

I could kiss you right on the mouth that was so funny. Oh wow, never thought of it that way. That's hilarious but actually pretty true about the forum and how we go off-topic, on-topic, off-topic again, more off-topic, way off-topic, then back on-topic before the thread dies.

Yes and sometimes there are penetrating comments and plenty of suckers.