Tekkit Suite (Pre-configured server files)

Hello everyone!

First, Thank you everyone for your dedication and help over the past few years.

Second, by releasing these files I hope that a bunch new tekkit servers get started... and take over the current minecraft...so lazy jeb_ notch will create the damned API and multi thread the main server thread!!!

I've been playing tekkit for a long time, and minecraft even longer.

Recently I've quit hosting hellocreeper.com since it has been under a 10gbps DDOS attack and I've been kicked off my dedicated host.

As a thank you to the community I would like this send over ALL of my pre-configured server files. This will help newbies or even expert bukkit admins with some insight of how I did things.

Whats included in this:

1: Completely patched tekkit (items dupes etc)

2: Pre-Banned Items (dont worry about grieffers)

Plugins included / Pre-configured / Permissions set.

1. CensorShop
  2. ChatManager
  3. Citizens
  4. ClearLag
  5. ColoredSigns
  6. DeathTpPlus
  7. DupeStopper
  8. EnchantAnything
  9. EnchantShops
  10. Enderdragonplus
  11. Factions
  12. Essentials
  13. EssentialsSpawn
  14. IgnoreChat
  15. LagMeter
  16. LWC (locks)
  17. MCMA_Compat (remove this unless you have mcmyadmin)
  18. Minebackup (Re-configure to how often you want to backup and save)
  19. minequery
  20. MobArena
  21. MobBountyReloaded (how people earned money)
  22. Modifyworld (Main item banner)
  23. multiverse -Core
  24. Multiverse Inventories
  25. Multiverse NetherPortals
  26. Multiverse Portals
  27. Noitem (Another item banner)
  28. NoLagg (Everything is disabled I just used the lag graph)
  29. PaidRanks (Configured to my pex permissions)
  30. Permissionsex (Very smooth and clean permissions) I used inheritance with all groups like my banned items or banned spawn.
  31. PvpReward (Earn Money for killing players)
  32. PvPTimer (Newbs get 1 hour of god mode when they start)
  33. rsp (Region permissions)
  34. ScheduledAnnouncer (Broadcast)
  35. ServerLogServer
  36. ShowCaseStandalone (Best system to sell items)
  37. SimpleRegionMarket (Create regions players can buy to set up shops)
  38. skylandsplus
  39. SpawmGuard
  40. Stargate
  41. Superperms
  42. The_Icarus_Project
  43. VanishNoPacket
  44. Vault
  45. Votifier (reconfigure for your voting sites)
  46. Welcome Rulez (Change your rules)
  47. WorldBorder
  48. WorldEdit
  49. WorldGuard

Not Require but would be nice

If you do use my server files please have a "thank you sign" to the HC Team.

Example:

Thank You

HC

Team !

Who was on the HC team?

HC Team

1: Awesomebilly

2: Dash488

3: Mandohi

4: xxFireFlyXX

5: Colbymonst3r

6: Annebanne121

7: Slicer_3_0

8: Bagz966

9: BonBon77

10: ncarnut

11: Halloween_King

12: MPlegend

13: lilshoot

14: Warmandfuzzy

Server Files

http://hellocreeper.com/serverfiles/Minecraft.rar

What do I have to do after I download this???

Launch the server

Generate the world/spawn

Safezone your spawn with worldguard or factions (I prefer worldguard)

Configure your buycraft (donations)

Configure your votifier (get votes)

Make sure your /spawn is in the world "Spawn" otherwise the banned items in spawn won't work.

If you have any questions please ask.

Updates?

When Tekkit updates, I will update with the same plugins and patches if possible for everyone to keep this up to somewhat date.

Have fun guys, Go get a bunch new servers started!

One Small TIP

Make it anarchy :) much much more fun than a normal build server :)... why else do we have nukes :)

Thanks for everything Tekkit Team!

I signed an account up on tekkit (figured I didn't really need it for awhile) just to thank you for this pack. I've got alot of mods on my server but some of the ones in your plugin list I could never get to work quite right or they would error out. Thank you very much for this.

<edit>Mod netherores (Unsupported Major/Minor) is bugging out and preventing server launch *sadpandaface* Starts punching it till it works... *punch*</edit>

Seems the jar file for netherores is corrupt. pulling from my usual tekkit server. Lets see if that works.

Again editing to prevent double/triple posting. Re-installing java AGAIN. Lets see if it helps. I'm getting errors on netherores, unsupported Major.minor stuffs... etc. etc.

<rant> Really Java? REALLY? When the bloody hell did you decide to randomly downgrade yourself back to 6 again? Oh my god... *smashes face into his keyaodoihfoashfoiudshgafawbifnbjvhidsgjhfhaoiewfjh*

yet thanks again for this awesome pack setup....

Dont know what to say, TANKS for this, i already finished with my server setup, but there's a lot of usefull things in that pack. I would have loved to have this 2 months ago, i'm sure so many people will love you for this.

You say that tekkit is patched with baned items etc, have you done anything to the tekkit package or are you talking about modifyworld bans? also, have you fixed anything internally or is it just plugins configs?

Red Matter / Dark matter tools, weapons that bypass protection lands, dupes, and more. All the patches are available from the tekkit community standalone, but those files include everything

@ Rokwarr, are you on linux? or windows? I had that issue with JDK 6 also, but JDK 7 fixed it all..

As for anyone else, if you're on linux make sure you chmod 777 the entire folder pack to read/write. ( Just in case)

Thanks again guys.

Just wanting to let you know that I'll be working with FireFly with these files to help give the HelloCreeper community a comfortable place to move to. :)

Also, with my Bukkit servers, I like to set the folders with specific permissions.

chmod 760 folder/* - Set all the files and subfolders to be readable, writable, and executable by the user "bukkit" and anyone with the group "bukkit" can view and edit but not run the server.

chmod 710 folder - Allow directory listing to user "bukkit" and group "bukkit".

Then just set chmod 700 on any plugin folder or file I only want the main user "bukkit" to be able to modify.

Red Matter / Dark matter tools, weapons that bypass protection lands, dupes, and more. All the patches are available from the tekkit community standalone, but those files include everything

@ Rokwarr, are you on linux? or windows? I had that issue with JDK 6 also, but JDK 7 fixed it all..

As for anyone else, if you're on linux make sure you chmod 777 the entire folder pack to read/write. ( Just in case)

Thanks again guys.

I'm running windows 7 home professional x64. though after I fixed the issue with the java update... A virus ate the crap out of my hard drive. I squashed it and now it seems my system is stable again for the most part (I'm not holding my breath though) and I am able to use this. However it would seem that that stompzhammer and superpickaxe both use the same // toggle to turn on and off causing conflict in shutting off superpickaxe itself. even though I learned one can use /spa to toggle it instead of // but it is still a inconvenience. Researching what stompzhammer gave virtually no results except a stompz server. so what is it and how do I disable it?

to top it off... which permissions file is the best of the bunch to use?

Hey I am having a weird problem when I am just using the default tekkit files I can connect to my own server fine but when I try to use these files there is no way I or anyone else can connect do you have any idea what could be causing this?

The port is not default, you have to change it in the server.properties file.

under the following line,

server-port=25565

query.port=25565

25565 is the default.

Gah, as another sidenote, NEI button controls are not working properly, when I click on them nothing happens even though I gave myself op in the console and relogged.

Promote command from permissions ex typing it as such,

/promote rokkwarr

brings back the error

[iNFO] Error in command syntax. Check command help.

any ideas?

Do a /help pluginname for help with the plugin. I know thats not the right cmd for permoteing someone, but I forget the correct one. Running that command should fix everything right up.

actually, I've found that I've been regulated to typing /? instead of /help (which i would prefer anyway. working with whole words confuses my fingers less when typing) but it is annoying to have to enter in what I enter in the console to get help info, then 99% of the time the help info doesn't show up. >.> At that point I hunt it down online but didn't have much luck with the hammerz thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i need help please, i launch the server, i have read everything in this thread changed the ip port, and it says cant reach server, can you tell me why please thanks,

what is happening? What version of Java are you running? What is the error message in the console?

Have you tried just putting in "localhost" in the direct connect section and trying that? (without the quotes of course)

Oh wow, I remember you guys, I was always wondering what happened to the server HelloCreeper. This release is very kind of you. I may look into it and see if I want any of it. Also if you don't already know, I am the owner of Chillax Tekkit. (4th place TSL)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I made a folder and put the files into is, I ran the minecraft_server, and I was happy, But I dont know how to find my ip. Can anyone help?? BTW I am new to the whole server thing and I want to play with my brother alone, just me and him. PLEASE Help me, im so lost.

-MCFormater A.K.A(boring) Alex

• 3 weeks later...

so first off thank you for the server it is quite awesome however I have this issue where no one including people on the op list can build or break anywhere...

i have the same issue as this guy i am also added to op and in the pex file as sadmin

ok i fixed it the as i was an admin i was auto vanishing i had to type /vanish so i could build etc