java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format

XoX

Question

Title: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: java version "1.7.0_05" Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b06) Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)

Description of Problem:

I have no idea what is causing this, but more and more people on my server are having a certain problem. When they open certain chests it will kick them displaying this message "java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format".

I have figured out that this has to do with some items, because if they break the chests and pick up the items it will then kick them and will then not let them reconnect until I either delete their player file, or remove the item by editing their player file.

I have not found a single item yet that would cause this, for me it happened with some stone tool, once it was removed I could join back. For a different player it was an iron shovel ( i think, some iron tool ) .

This might be related, on my other server, after using an alchemical tome on my tablet, it would then, once, I reach a certain emc amount ( somewhere between 100 and 500 ) it would apparently display and item that caused the same error, ( java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format ). Only way I could fix this was by deleting my _tablet file so it wouldn't display that item anymore every time I open the tablet.

Error Messages:

java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

Had this problem too this morning also with the same item, iron shovel.

here's what I do:

- stop the server

- extract the zip file that I downloaded weeks ago to start a tekkit server and overwrite everything

- start the server again

and the problem disappeared...

Ok, just came on a server(Rgaming) this morning. I went to my flower room to collect my red matter. I saw a zombie in a corner, AOE'd it with a katar and it drop a iron shovel. i tryied to pick it up --> java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format. I reconnected and went to my chests. Opened 1 up it was full of rm, 3 seconds later..... java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format. I reloged, tryied breaking it --> java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format. I call a admin when i relogged. He picks up the shovel, Same error. Case is... he said on skype "I CANT RECONNECT -_- SAME DANM ERROR". Later on i realized this is a bug in 1.0.3.2. the owner had to do the following:

-Close server

-Replace all mods with ziped files

-Extract and then replace folders

-Override all Zipped files

-Ban iron shovels

-Re-open the server

The error was fixed instantly.

Hey guys you are looking for a line similar to this one:

CONFLICT @ 0 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.server.ItemSpade@6cfdbc53 while adding codechicken.wirelessredstone.addons.ItemWirelessTriangulator@657250c

It doesn't have to be Item slot 0, and it doesn't have to be ironspade... Although if its the spade that is crashign you then it is this. The way to fix it is to look at the next part, and get the item, in my case the WirelessTriangulator.

Go into the config file and change the ID, from what ever digit it is set, repeat this process until there are no more colliding ID's..

If this doesn't work then i'm sorry... You need to reinstall your server config and files