Direwolf20 mod pack

logoster

lots of people seem to have trouble with installing the mods that direwolf20 uses on his lets plays, so why not add a whole new mod pack that has his mods ready and with the correct configs, then people who want to try his worlds, only have to copy and paste his world into the direwolf20 mod pack saves

Or you can ask DW20 for the latest mods and configs (NOT HIS .minecraft, just the mods and their versions), so you know what to use. But I'd say just wait until the FTB pack comes out, because there is 0% that the mods that he's using will be available as one pack through the launcher.

That's the funny thing. He included the updated config files with every world download. There was a full list of all the mods used, and a seperate section that dated all the updates that were made, and what config changes were made.

Yeah, I'm not sure we want to be catering to the type of people who can't follow dire's instructions. He makes it painfully simple.

Um...the entire purpose of the Technic launcher is to cater to people who can't follow Dire's instructions. (Well, not the entire purpose, but it serves that purpose.) It's not that we don't want technological weaklings using our stuff: We just don't want them to post about it.

is it really hard to follow his instructions?

I'll say it again: For some reason that only sociologists truly understand, there are very smart, very intelligent, and very successful people all over this world who can't do bugger-all on a computer. Even simple things like using copy-and-paste in a text editor can be difficult for some people who otherwise could rebuild a diesel engine at will.

We are dealing with people for whom "FInd your .minecraft folder by going to Start->Run and typing '%appdata%'." may as well be "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.". There is quite a bit of elitisim and narcissism in the modded-Minecraft playerbase, with people looking down on and thinking less of anyone who can't mod for themselves. Then again, elitism and narcissism are endemic to our species and crop up all over the place.

I'll say it again: For some reason that only sociologists truly understand, there are very smart, very intelligent, and very successful people all over this world who can't do bugger-all on a computer. Even simple things like using copy-and-paste in a text editor can be difficult for some people who otherwise could rebuild a diesel engine at will.

We are dealing with people for whom "FInd your .minecraft folder by going to Start->Run and typing '%appdata%'." may as well be "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.". There is quite a bit of elitisim and narcissism in the modded-Minecraft playerbase, with people looking down on and thinking less of anyone who can't mod for themselves. Then again, elitism and narcissism are endemic to our species and crop up all over the place.

i do know what you mean but halve way through that i got completely confused :P

I'm starting to get disappointed in our regulars, here: I thought our community was less-prone to the attitude that someone who isn't good with computers somehow doesn't deserve them. You need to understand that you are looking at the world from a height, that to you installing mods is an easy thing, that to you it is inconceivable that something so simple could for some be so difficult. Open your mind a bit, forget your own strengths and abilities, and realize there is a whole world out there, full of people for whom modding Minecraft is pure sorcery, and yet who can do things you'd never even dream of attempting.

We all have things we can do and things we cannot.

I'm starting to get disappointed in our regulars, here: I thought our community was less-prone to the attitude that someone who isn't good with computers somehow doesn't deserve them. You need to understand that you are looking at the world from a height, that to you installing mods is an easy thing, that to you it is inconceivable that something so simple could for some be so difficult. Open your mind a bit, forget your own strengths and abilities, and realize there is a whole world out there, full of people for whom modding Minecraft is pure sorcery, and yet who can do things you'd never even dream of attempting.

We all have things we can do and things we cannot.

there really should be a like/thumbs up on this forum :)

Hmm, perhaps I should have been more clear. I blame phone keyboards for encouraging terse posts.

I agree that technic exists mainly for the untechnical. However, what I was referring to when I said we shouldn't cater to them was the fact that technic has the mods it has in it. That's all. There are suggestion threads, sure, but it was not meant to be, and I doubt it ever will be, a carbon copy of dire's pack.

As to the argument that there should be a whole other pack option for his set of mods, that would be a bunch of work for the devs here when there are other packs out there already whose only purpose is to do just that.

The type of people I dont think we should have to cater to are the ones who think that technic is an excuse on their part to put out absolutely no effort at all and still have their every desire granted.

Clarity, it saves lives!