Can't Find java directory (Have both 32bit and 64bit installed already)

mouse0270

Question

So I dont mind using the exe or anything like that. I paid for minecraft so its really not a big deal to use this.

My problem is that now I cant play Technic, because when I click on the exe to launch the program it tells me.

"Can't find java directory"

I have both 32bit and 64 bit java installed and checked to make sure they were fully updated.

Can anyone help me? I would love to play Technic 6!

5 answers to this question

Well... first off, why do you have both installed, you only need the one that matches your OS. All that having both will do is make them screw with each other.

Second, a better description of your problem would be nice, all this is telling me is it's broke. You fix it.

Put things like:

Operating System: Windows 7, XP, MacOS, whatever.

Description of problem: What is it doing when you try to open it.

Context of problem: What you were doing to try to make it work.

Any Error messages

Logs if they are available

I have both installed because not everything works running 64bit java, you do require 32bit java for some applications (Yes you can run both without an error.)

Operating system is windows 7.

The problem is, I launch the launcher and it says "Can't Find Java Directory"

Context (The circumstances that form the setting for an event) of problem: (Not even the right selection of problems) You probably meant, my debugging process? I didnt have one, what am I supposed to do, I have both installed, and verified that they both work by running applications using them.

There are no logs because the system isn't getting far enough to the best of my understanding.

My solution... Run minecraft on my crappy laptop running only java 32bit because it will only work if I only have one installed and I cant run uninstall 32bit or 64bit from my desktop because some of the applications that I use for work that were developed require either 32bit or 64bit (and yes I have tried to run the ones that require 32bit with just 64bit java installed and vice versa. They well not work, I need to have both installed.)

So no offense, I really hope this problem is resolved before Tekkit 2.0 because I really can live with playing minecraft on my crappy PC on SSP, but when playing online on my Tekkit server, it would really suck.

Sorry if this sounds rude, I was really tired and wrote it in a hurry. Please none of this was meant in a mean way. You guys are providing an excellent service and I wonderful complication of mods! I hope to keep using them, just gotta find a way to resolve having both 32bit java and 64bit java installed at the same time.... Maybe you guys can add an option to allow us to point to the java directory?

PS: Just so you know, in case you didnt get it from the message above, I did resolve this problem. I had to have either 32bit or 64bit not both. So if anyone is having this problem and you have both and do not need both, just uninstall both java versions and reinstall the one of them.