Launcher Problems

DarkArkana

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 0.5.4.6 (I think this is right. I know its the latest version)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Version of Java: Java SE Runtime Environment 7u2

Description of Problem:

Neither the .jar or .exe works to launch the game. None of the folders are created, and no log is created.

Error Messages:

N/A

NOTE: If a mod reads this, can you please contact me via a private message.

16 answers to this question

does anything happen? any windows open? anything? without knowing anything other than, "it dun be broke" all I can suggest is check the stickies and make sure you have tried any solution that might be related. related things may be antivirus problems, 32bit java on a 64bit machine, and user error.

- I ran the .jar in the .techniclauncher folder

- I do run as admin, and I have tried Java 6

- Nothing at all happens, thought it might be a Norton Problem, and I am running 64bit Java on a 64bit machine.

did you do anything to disable norton and see if that was the case? also, try navigating to the .techniclauncher folder in a command prompt and running the jar from there. any errors should show in command window if it has any.

how to launch from the command prompt:

go to start, type in "cmd" in the start menu and either hit enter or click the "cmd" icon at the top of the list on the left there.

a black window comes up, this is the command window.

type in "cd %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher" and hit enter

run the jar with "java -jar technic-launcher.jar" followed by hitting enter

see what happens

I often find when my computer programs throw tantrums and refuse to do as I say, that a good spanking is in order. perhaps a time out or even forced room cleaning might be in order as well depending on how much of a scene it made.

-_- Well a funny comment, not what I was looking for. It made a log, I'll post it.

1) check stickies for related issues

2) turn off any firewalls, like norton, that enjoy blocking legit programs without telling you.

3) profit?

edit: close examination leads me to believe that it is most likely going to be a firewall issue. the launcher can't establish connections to github or minecraft.net.

Already checked stickies and tried firewalls. Neither of them worked, so it is probably a different thing. I might have an idea about what it is, another part of Norton blocking it, but I can't check until tomorrow. Well then, I got it to work, and then it completely falls apart. Great!

EDIT: Can't wait till I can afford my own PC. Then I can stop using the family one...

my launcher wont start

my freind has recently created a tekkit server i want to play.

i recently downloaded the tekkit pack but when i run the program a little box appears saying "checking launcher version" it goes off after a few seconds and nothing happens!

this happens every time i run the program, i have no mods or texture packs so why is this happening???? :o

It may be your antivirus yeah. It's a common cause of the download failed error. Antivirus like Norton and AVG aren't very good and tend to get in the way a lot. If it's your family computer and you have no say on the antivirus you use, you'll have to just do your best to either disable whatever is blocking it, or add technic as an exception to norton.