Using the launcher through ResNet

Bell

Question

I'm currently at University, Resnet has a few restrictions.

Using this guide: http://www.blankmind.org/tech-guide-using-minecraft-behind-a-proxy/ ;

I can connect to vanilla minecraft but I can't seem to get similar results with the technic launcher; running the launcher normally will result in an "Unable to connect to minecraft.net" message.

The problem I have is that the .bat file though properly set up, as far as I know, will not launch the technic launcher .exe.

I was wondering if anyone had either any experience with this and could suggest a way to get it to work?

13 answers to this question

I did try that, unfortunately it does not seem to work, the command prompt which is normally open in the background closes and the launcher still cannot connect to minecraft.net.

It's a baffling thing.

that's what I was afraid of. the launcher pulls some kind of crazy self restart black magic if it isn't run with what it considers the "correct" parameters from my experience. chances are you will need to go a bit more low level than java if you want to get this to work.

doing this is a bit out of my depth, but I recommend looking for ways to funnel ALL your traffic through a proxy.

Yeah, I managed to get a glimpse of the command prompt and I can see it restarting, it's a tad annoying.

I was afraid you'd say that, I've very little experience with ssh tunnels, still, time to learn I guess. Thanks for the help though.

This bat file launches the launcher with the memory you specify in the file

https://github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/raw/master/RunLauncherOrgiGC.bat

the main thing to note is the creation of the rtemp directory. The launcher uses that to know if it should restarted with the proper RAM amount. So having that directory created before you run the launcher means it wont restart itself.

Also on ResNet here, however it doesn't seem to be ResNet stopping it, except maybe on the checksum (which i can download in a browser but the launcher seems to fail) then it gives me http://pastebin.com/r7Wn0MeG"]This Error log

Edit: Forgot pc specs;

Windows 7 64bit

Java fresh install taken from technic front page (64 bit version)

Anti-virus is paid Avast (switched to gaming mode before launch)

I don't mind the hijacking at all, if anyone can is helped even a little I'm glad.

Agelian, I can successfully play thanks to you. Thank you ever so much.

To anyone who has similar problems playing tekkit through resnet/proxy:

Use the guide in my OP and simply paste that after the java part in Agelian's .bat and you're golden.

Thank you again.