CHEAP, refined, quantum armor killing machine

gavjenks

XC4Bl.jpg

^ machine to insta-kill people in full quantum armor.

Total cost = approximately 100 diamonds, few stacks of iron, few stacks of rubber, few stacks of redstone.

How it works:

There are 11x10 HV transformers. Each has an internal buffer of 2048 EU, which will fill up from the solar arrays. they don't have to be MVs. They could be ANYTHING. Just the bigger they are, the faster you can charge up enough to kill a quantum armor person. 10 MVS like this will recharge the device in about 20 seconds. 10 LVs would do it in under 3 minutes, etc.

Then the high voltage side of all of them are connected to a single rotary macerator. Inside, it has 3 transformer upgrades (to allow it to accept Extreme Voltage), and a large number of energy storage upgrades (I used 1 stack. I know half a stack isn't enough).

A rotary macerator will eat up an infinite amount of energy in a tick until it fills up its energy storage upgrades. And a stack is enough to hold enough energy to insta-kill a quantum armor person.

Thus, when you flip the switch, over 220,000 EUs slam through the uninsulated wire in one tick (all the buffers of the transformers), and it instakills anybody within one block, no matter what armor they wear.

You can extend that one wire going to the macerator to be basically as long as you want (might need to add a few more transformers if it is unreasonably long, to make up for wire losses. Losses = about as many EUs per block as you have transformers, so adding one more will let you go about 5 blocks further with the same energy payload in electrocution). This can loop through various places you wish to defend, etc.

Also, by placing the wire at floor level in the corner between the wall and floor in a 2x1 hallway, nobody could see it, but it will still kill you, allowing for excellent trap potential

Something like this:

# # #

#   #

#   #

o # #

o = wire

# = stone or whatever

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I made a version of this that:

1) Is hidden and functions as a very effective trap

2) Steals all of the person's stuff after they die and gives it to you securely

3) Dismantles itself so by the time they come back after being killed, it doesn't exist anymore

How to:

1) Build the device just like you see it here, but underground somewhere. Ideally, build it in a room within chunk boundaries, so it doesn't show up as easily when chunks load. Add 1 or 2 extra rows of transformers

2) make the uninsulated wire between the trandformers and the macerator longer.

3) Put that wire in the corner between the floor and the wall of a narrow 2x1 hallway (See diagram in OP).

4) Put a pressure plate right at the beginning of that hallway, after going down a set of stairs. Like so:

_  <--stairs

|

_

|_____ hallway

^

pressure plate here

Make sure the head space is minimal! (3 block high ceiling), so that when you go down the stairs, you bang your head every step. This forces people to move straight down after every step, and thus guarantees they will touch the pressure plate on the last step, instead of jumping over it. By putting the pressure plate just after a step, it also hides it, so you can't see the few pixels that give it away (the step is blocking your vision). ALSO, make the stairs and the hallways fairly dark, but then put a 90 degree turn just a little ways down the hall, leading to a dead end, with a torch in it. This will make a faintly glowing hallway that they can see, making it look like something really good is just around the corner, prompting them to keep moving forward.

5) Connect the pressure plate through an inverter to a splitter cable that lets power flow to the macerator. Thus, when they step on it, power flows through right by their feet (or head), close enough to insta-kill them in the hallway

6) Have a filter in the wall right by the kill spot. You can just put it in the wall and people probably wont notice. If you must hide it, though, you can use a sign over it or a painting or something. This will suck up their items after they die (have it on a timer, ideally make the timer far enough away though that they don't hear the ticking)

7) the filter connects to an ender chest. Then you make an identical ender chest 2 miles away underground in the middle of nowhere, and have another filter constantly pumping from that to a standard double chest. Thus, any item that falls in that hallways will get sucked up and then removed and stored 2 miles away, no longer accessible at the location it was dropped.

8) Place a few turtles behind the transformers and HV cables of the main machine. Set it up so that once the machine is activated, the turtles begin to dig all the blocks in a preprogrammed order, dismantling the entire machine (at least the expensive parts of it: cables, transformers, and solars). the turtles then drop all their stuff into a filter next to an ender chest, whisking it all away to a safe place. Put the filter over by your macerator, so that the turtles can break that, and the upgrades will all fall into the filter and get saved as well.

9) Connect the stairway to an innocent looking wooden shack lit up with torches on the surface, nearby an enemy's base or by spawn, where people will notice it and investigate. Make sure to leave a worldanchor in your trap, too. Add a chest on the surface building with crappy newbie items like cobble and stone tools and fish for extra effect, if you like.

End result:

Guy with quantum armor notices the shack, and thinks "hmm, new guy on the block, I'm curious to see what kind of base he has." and they go to investigate. They walk down the cramped stairs, lured by the lights aroudn the corner and the mystery of it all, and are funneled onto the pressure plate, which lets the power suddenly flow through at a quarter of a million EU/t, killing them instantly. They don't bother to be careful, because A) they have quantum armor and assume they don't have to be, and B) the house is a crappy wooden shack that looks like a newbie player built it. Once dead, their items are sucked up very quickly and sent away to a secure location somewhere else, long before they can return to reclaim them.

Now, even though they lost all their stuff, they will be mad, and they know where your trap is, so theyll come back and try to dismantle it. You dont want them to get a hold of your hundreds of diamonds worth of electrocution equipment, so thats where the turtles come in. By the time they get back there, the turtles have dismantled all the expensive parts of the machine and put them somewhere safe, too.

So when they return after dying, even just 2 minutes later, their stuff is gone forever, including the armor and whatever they were carrying (which is usually a lot of expensive stuff since they have a false sense of security), AND the machine is mysteriously vanished, so they can't pillage the parts from that either. Just an empty hole in the ground with some mysterious wires and leftovers, and a single mining turtle...

Leaving them with nothing, and allowing you to simply rebuild the trap near your next target.

Also, if you're lucky, you might get a wireless remote or an ender chest they were carrying, with corresponding codes, that might let you find other stuff of their or break into a base more easily, etc.

Well, now I know to be extra careful on any server I play on with you. This is a very good guide though. May i suggest that you add tesla coils that protect the trap (but are just far away enough to not shock anyone in the hallway), giving the turtles more time to dismantle it (as the person will very likely not have another set of invincible armour to protect them when they come to destroy the trap). As a method for base protection, you could set up a forcefield (with block cutter upgrade) with a ring of electrocution wires around the inside edge of it. If they use exploits/glitches to get through, they will walk right into the electrocution wires. Or you could build a wall of electrocution wires around your base that extends from bedrock to skylimit. Cover the wires in a few layers of reinforced stone to make it harder to get to them. Replace the macerator with an mass fabricator and set up several hv solars to power the wires to allow the wires to run constantly.

I want a video (other than that its epic).

ON topic tho, is it really that cheap ? i mean... 100 diamonds and so many HV's sounds strange to me

I wouldn't consider that to be cheap either, the Iron cost has to be astounding.

What server is that? Is it the Tekkit Battle Redux one?

Yeah. In his airship construction outpost, he has alchemical chests full of iron, copper, tin, gold, resin, redstone, nikolite, wood, and several other things. He has chests and chests full of other things, like wafers, diamonds, machines, tools. And that isn't even his main base. Somebody else on the server made a factory that creates LV solars. The diamond chest it outputs too is almost always full. You can steal several stacks of LV solars from him, and he won't notice because the chest will have refilled by the time he gets back.

Yeah. In his airship construction outpost, he has alchemical chests full of iron, copper, tin, gold, resin, redstone, nikolite, wood, and several other things. He has chests and chests full of other things, like wafers, diamonds, machines, tools. And that isn't even his main base. Somebody else on the server made a factory that creates LV solars. The diamond chest it outputs too is almost always full. You can steal several stacks of LV solars from him, and he won't notice because the chest will have refilled by the time he gets back.

Where is this airship place?

Okay actual total cost, for all the HV transformers, and all the cables connecting them together on both sides AND a stack of energy upgrades for the macerator =

1200 redstone (1/3 that of an HV solar)

520 or so copper (1/5 that of an HV solar)

3800 refined rubber (a bit more than 1/2 that of an HV solar)

1050 refined iron (1/5 that of an HV solar)

55 gold bars (this + the diamonds = about the same cost as the coal and tin in an HV)

110 diamonds

macerator = trivial

power source = trivial (since it is one-use per location, you can just use a couple 1EU/tick solar panels and wait 2-3 hours for it to charge)

So all in all, I'd say total cost is roughly 1/2 that of an HV solar array, or less.

So not cheap in an absolute sense, but I'd say very cheap in terms of insta-killing somebody in quantum armor... AND if you auto-dismantle it, it is multi-use.

Also, definitely cheap enough that it would be reasonable to build on a server with EE disabled.

It's in the end. I wouldn't suggest going there without a flying ring. The solar factory is underground in the forest near my castle. If you see a giant, half finished castle, you're in the right area. Look for some Solar Arrays in the woods nearby, and follow the diamond cable from them underground. Once there, if you have a flying ring, go down the giant shaft, and follow the tunnel to the end. You'll be in the solar factory.

It's in the end. I wouldn't suggest going there without a flying ring. The solar factory is underground in the forest near my castle. If you see a giant, half finished castle, you're in the right area. Look for some Solar Arrays in the woods nearby, and follow the diamond cable from them underground. Once there, if you have a flying ring, go down the giant shaft, and follow the tunnel to the end. You'll be in the solar factory.

Oh I've found the solar factory. (And I have a ring) I just wanted to check out the flying castle...

At zero, zero in the End.

You are welcome to come visit and use the stuff there to build airships. It was intended for public use.

There are 4 fenced in shipyard areas next to the main building for actually building airships. There is also a frame powered 1x1 elevator that you can use to lift your frame ship to a wide variety of Y-levels. Since there are no hills or obstructions in the End, it's not really worth it to make airships able to go up and down. I just make them so they can go NSEW. The elevator thus lifts it to the desired height during construction, and they it flies off.

Also, near spawn in the overworld I have a bluelectric solar flower with about a stack of solar panels, which auto-charges BT batteries and stores them in an ender chest. I don't remember the code now, but if you go and look, you are welcome to add an ender chest with the same code to your airships and use it to warp in filled batteries, allowing you to use solar power for your frames in the End.

I recommend using End airships for any delicate and expensive factories you want to build, or for secure storage (if for some reason you dont want to use personal safes, like if you want to share with company members, or if you want to have ender warping abilities, etc.). Flying a ship out into the void pretty much guarantees no griefer will ever find it, if you go even moderately far out.

At zero, zero in the End.

You are welcome to come visit and use the stuff there to build airships. It was intended for public use.

There are 4 fenced in shipyard areas next to the main building for actually building airships. There is also a frame powered 1x1 elevator that you can use to lift your frame ship to a wide variety of Y-levels. Since there are no hills or obstructions in the End, it's not really worth it to make airships able to go up and down. I just make them so they can go NSEW. The elevator thus lifts it to the desired height during construction, and they it flies off.

Also, near spawn in the overworld I have a bluelectric solar flower with about a stack of solar panels, which auto-charges BT batteries and stores them in an ender chest. I don't remember the code now, but if you go and look, you are welcome to add an ender chest with the same code to your airships and use it to warp in filled batteries, allowing you to use solar power for your frames in the End.

As soon as I am able to, I am building an airship at your airship base. And mine will have weapons and be able to go up and down. I shall become "Captain Wolfenstein, Air Pirate and Incredibly Handsome Swashbuckling Smuggler."