CHEAP, refined, quantum armor killing machine

gavjenks

Guest Ysharma

Well good news for you, Ash got mad and dismantled it (put all the shit in a box) So you get to test it again ;)

That was me... or at least the one in the redux server under the shack. It didnt come close to killing me

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody else on the server made a factory that creates LV solars. The diamond chest it outputs too is almost always full. You can steal several stacks of LV solars from him, and he won't notice because the chest will have refilled by the time he gets back.

So that's where my LV solars were going off to. Anyways, if I set something like that up again, don't take from it please, without my permission.

This... is... awesome! So awesome, in fact I am bookmarking this. Time to kill! I was also wondering, why do you need a macerator on it? And, would you have too have transformer upgrades in it?

So the power has a place to go. Without that there will be no power going through the wires, meaning that your electricity trap would just be a big waste of materials and space.

Also, damn this is impressive. Can't wait for an enterprising thief to figure out a way to break through it regardless.(Aside from basic precautions like looking for plates and the like.)

A transformer will always accept EU from a lower voltage source when powered with redstone and output it. If you place an HV transformer on an input side of an MFSU you can accept all the Extreme Voltage and then feed it back out again, allowing EU to loop infinitely through the circuit. Then have a power source input to a safe side on the MFSU. Cover the HV cable in CF and it's virtually impossible to distinguish exactly where the electricity trap is.

So what if someone who's been in the trap finds another one? If they see another wooden shack with another staircase, they might be able to disable the trap and take all the stuff.

Edit: After looking around a little, I can't seem to find any PVP servers with quantum armor enabled. What use is this tutorial if it can't be executed? If anyone knows of a server, I'd be happy to know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running my factory off this setup.

No trespassers or you will be frazzled and die the most painful and agonizing death imaginable. >: D

BTW i'm in creative so i'm invincible. but other peeps better watch out cos i iz badass.

until 11 minutes ago, i didn't know what BTW stood for.

The wonders of the internet...

I'm running my factory off this setup.

No trespassers or you will be frazzled and die the most painful and agonizing death imaginable. >: D

BTW i'm in creative so i'm invincible. but other peeps better watch out cos i iz badass.

until 11 minutes ago, i didn't know what BTW stood for.

The wonders of the internet...

By The Way

Better Than Wolves

Ban That Weirdo!

Boy, That's Weird

Back To Work

Etc.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Ysharma

I built one of them, it doesnt shock me or hurt me at all no matter how long it charges, even if I let it charge with the splitter cable on or off. Here are some pics.

http://imgur.com/a/he664

I have about 2 stacks of geothermal generators in the end, they are all filled with 1 stack of lava cells, and output to hv transformers, the energy extraction bar is stuck at a certain part, it may be a problem with the machine and have posted a reply in that thread, one of the pictures of the geothermals is on the link

I built one of them, it doesnt shock me or hurt me at all no matter how long it charges, even if I let it charge with the splitter cable on or off. Here are some pics.

http://imgur.com/a/he664

I have about 2 stacks of geothermal generators in the end, they are all filled with 1 stack of lava cells, and output to hv transformers, the energy extraction bar is stuck at a certain part, it may be a problem with the machine and have posted a reply in that thread, one of the pictures of the geothermals is on the link

Well first, this thread is exactly a month old... but if I were you I would check:

1. Is any energy going to your "kill zone" at all? You could have a break in the wire.

2. Is enough power going into the HV transformers? You might want to try hooking up some HV arrays (in creative or something) and see if that works.

3. Are you wearing quantum armor, or none? If you die with none, it's probably just not enough power.

4. How far away is the "kill zone"? I can't really tell from the picture.

Guest Ysharma

1. The geotherms output energy when a battery is put in the top, the wire is not broken

2. I dont have creative, and i am in the end,

3.Im wearing no armor, and there is no damage,

4. i am standing right on top of the cable

Ok, so for the first one I was trying to ask you to connect something to the cable to see if it's feeding power. If power is indeed getting fed, chances are your server has bare wires blocked from shocking people. It would also be good to see if something like a batbox can handle the feed from it, because if it can then something is really wrong.

Guest Ysharma

the mass fabricators are recieving power, but not fabricating, all of the eu readout is 0, the hv side of the transformers is pointing to the uninsulated cable, the geothermal generators are not turning on, in fact the lava cell is not being consumed at all

EDIT: Figured out the problem, tekkit did not like the intersection of glass fibre with hv, ive replaced all the glass fibre with hv more news soon to come

EDIT: I replaced the intersections with MFE's gonna test the machine soon, the geothermals started running, then lines of them shut off, guess that means that the section of the machine is charged

Are we sure this still works as intended?

I can't make it kill me - wearing full Nano exept from Quantum leggings.

Usually I just get a little shock. Doing about ½-1 heart.. Sometimes tho, when fidgeting with it, I get a heavy shock for about 7 hearts.. But it's unreliable..

I put up a rotary macerator and equipped it with 100 energy storage and 3 transformer upgrades.

The HV transformers have the "one odd side" facing the insulated iron cables.

The HV transformers are also hooked up to 9 MFSU's in my house..

20121223190219.png

Hm, so it's the amount of HV transformers that does it?

The placement of the preassure plate / killzone have been moved severalt times to test it.

How about the macerator? Should it be on? Off?

Thank you

The OP shows how to put the wire so it's hidden and still kills people, but it might be a little confusing. Basically make a 2x1 hallway, but leaving out the corners. Like if you make a 3 block wide and 4 block high panel of blocks, then punch out the middle 2x1 area and the corners. The wire would go in the empty corner part. Then you extend that as far as you want for the hallway. The macerator should be on, and you need a lot of HV transformers.

Edit: Wait a minute, aren't there 5 sides with one dot and one side with 3 dots? I think the three dotted side is the one that should be facing the "kill zone" side.