Item.. sorter thing?

jokey

I have a line of chests and would like to have a way to have pipes lined up behind them. However, I want the the first item to go in the first chest, the second item in the second, and so on until all the chests have 1 item. Then, it starts over. Is there a way to do this?

Never really tried that myself but what about a sorting machine with the desired item in each colour then it may send one to each. If that does not work try put retrievers on each chest and make them pull 1 at a time but run them all off 1 timer so they all pull 1 at the same time.

Like I said both of these ideas may fail since I have never tried it before but that is what I would do.

I have a line of chests and would like to have a way to have pipes lined up behind them. However, I want the the first item to go in the first chest, the second item in the second, and so on until all the chests have 1 item. Then, it starts over. Is there a way to do this?

does emerald transport pipe exist in that version of BC?

• 2 months later...

Is there a Buildcraft pipe called a Distribution Pipe or something along those lines? You may be able to just make a line of pipes behind the chests and have it work anyway, but it may be inconsistent.

Why do you need the items sorted in this manner? I assume you're playing on the Tekkit Classic pack.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...