Java 7 Crashes The Launcher

Iestyn

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.2.0

Operating System: OSX Mountain Lion 64bit

Java Version: Java 7 Update 9

Antivirus Program: None

Description of Problem:

I run on the latest version of the Mac operation system. This is where the problems started, this morning I fired up the computer and I was notified of an update. This ended up being an update for Java, which I installed. I was running version 6 of Java before and I could get into Minecraft but now, it's updated me to Java version 7 update 9 and every time I fire up Tekkit, it gets to the sign in page, and once I click login, the Tekkit launcher quits, and it just will not allow me to enter into the game.

Within the last month I had issues with Java 7 and I was simply able to un-tick the a Java 7 tick box and it would revert back to Java 6, but I couldn't find this option anymore, so I decided to ring Apple, and they told me if I want to revert back to version 6 I'd have to re-install the whole operation system :-/

I'm just wondering if anyones experienced this same issue and managed to find a fix/way around it. I'd really appreciate it.

Error Messages:

None, once I click the login button it just quits the launcher window.

Error Log:

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.2.0'

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	Allocated 1820.5 Mb of RAM

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_07-b10'

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '10.8.2'

[12:26:22] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

[12:26:23] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mirrors.yml'.

[12:26:23] [sEVERE]	Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/CHECKSUM.md5', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[12:26:24] [sEVERE]	Copying: /temp/file1833011422536103885.tmp to: /launcher/CHECKSUM.md5

[12:26:24] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: /launcher/CHECKSUM.md5

[12:26:24] [sEVERE]	[MD5 Mismatch] File '/launcher/tekkit/modpack.yml' has md5 of '0617096edb6df25e4377a265c12483ba' instead of '032eedc7183acde5b75cd13f9ff2e324'

[12:26:24] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://206.217.207.1/Technic/tekkit/modpack.yml'.

[12:26:25] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://206.217.207.1/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There's was an issue between Java7, the OpenJDK for Mac, and lwjgl's implementation of applets (how the client launcher actually works) that was preventing it from completely working. At one point, the solution was to compile the Launcher with Java 6 instead of 7. Java 7 references were removed in a pull request from myself, but they never compiled the mac download with 6. Plus, there are issues if the mods themselves require 7.

There has since been an update to lwjgl, so it might be worth it to update to try upgrading to 2.8.4. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

There's was an issue between Java7, the OpenJDK for Mac, and lwjgl's implementation of applets (how the client launcher actually works) that was preventing it from completely working. At one point, the solution was to compile the Launcher with Java 6 instead of 7. Java 7 references were removed in a pull request from myself, but they never compiled the mac download with 6. Plus, there are issues if the mods themselves require 7.

There has since been an update to lwjgl, so it might be worth it to update to try upgrading to 2.8.4. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL

Hi Saintnicster,

I've just done that and it's not worked :( the exact same thing is happening. Open up the launcher and it quits on me when I hit the login button :(

The latest Java version for Macs is still 6 IIRC. Download the latest APPLE Java version and see if that helps.

I've tried that :( It just keeps telling me that there's a newer version already installed and won't let me install it :(

So i have a problem is that when ever i open my technic launcher i choose ANY mod.And The window dissappered after it opens.

Comp:Mountain Lion

I had this computer for 1 years and i have a software that make that run,but because i updated it so its gone.HELP PLZ

Post your own bug report instead of threadjacking this one

Delete the version you have before you download the version Jorcer is talking about. If it says to update it, tell it no ;)

You wouldn't happen to know how to do that would you? I contacted Apple and they said I'd have to do a complete re-install of the OS without the update, which didn't sound right to me, but since I got off the phone with them I've been trying to find a way to uninstall it but not found a way as yet.

I am having the exact same problem as you lestyn, and it also happened after I updated my computer.

I haven't been able to play for days now :( I'm just hoping that the technic devs will bring out a patch or something :(

If I find a way to sort it, I'll be sure to let you know.

The issue is with Apple - they released an update for every version of Mac OS X which moved everyone over to Java 7 r6 (followed by 9 recently).

Some of the plugins within Tekkit & Technic require Java 7, others require Java 6 - Apple removed Java 6 and because they control the update flow to Mac OS X, it's unlikely we'll see it again.

Using the latest lwjgl will not work as it is the plugins that require the specific versions of Java. It's over to the individual developers and the TechnicPack crew for now. I'll be looking into the issue to see if I can find the good old Java 6 and a way to re-install it - maybe even use OpenJDK.

The issue is with Apple - they released an update for every version of Mac OS X which moved everyone over to Java 7 r6 (followed by 9 recently).

Some of the plugins within Tekkit & Technic require Java 7, others require Java 6 - Apple removed Java 6 and because they control the update flow to Mac OS X, it's unlikely we'll see it again.

Using the latest lwjgl will not work as it is the plugins that require the specific versions of Java. It's over to the individual developers and the TechnicPack crew for now. I'll be looking into the issue to see if I can find the good old Java 6 and a way to re-install it - maybe even use OpenJDK.

Well, thank you! I'm a PC user myself, and I've been trying to piece together help for people based on a limited knowledge of Macs and second hand information about this problem.

if they where to do that, they would releas a update for the java to fix that, on their website.

if some mods meed 7 and others need 6, the java shid work fine, inless its java. and becuas i am having this same problem i will find a way to uninstal Java and re-instal Java, but i'm not shure what version to use, as becuas i don't know what my old version was.

Mac expert here, the whole Java 7 thing is actually not entirely Apple's fault. They released a Java 6 update that killed the web plugin and Java preferences. You, seeing that the web plugin was gone, installed Java 7. Version 7 is incompatible with LWGJL's Mac version. It is entirely on their shoulders.

Mac expert here, the whole Java 7 thing is actually not entirely Apple's fault. They released a Java 6 update that killed the web plugin and Java preferences. You, seeing that the web plugin was gone, installed Java 7. Version 7 is incompatible with LWGJL's Mac version. It is entirely on their shoulders.

ok, so "mac expert" how do you downgrad the Java back to the one befor this update?

I don't think you can, try restoring from a backup. Removing Java from a Mac is extremely hard.

backup? i don't backup :P hm, i have learned that many times, i remeber to get Bukkit to work i had to downlode a Java update by Apple so i could run it, but that is ony avalibal if you hav Java 6, so there may be a Java update comming out soon for this to fix, we hope maby a cupple emails to apple all about this will fix it, but probeley not. and becuas Apple will NOT support Java maby a fuew emails to Java will help :P i have no clue. or a newer build comming out for us to fix it.

backup? i don't backup :P hm, i have learned that many times, i remeber to get Bukkit to work i had to downlode a Java update by Apple so i could run it, but that is ony avalibal if you hav Java 6, so there may be a Java update comming out soon for this to fix, we hope maby a cupple emails to apple all about this will fix it, but probeley not. and becuas Apple will NOT support Java maby a fuew emails to Java will help :P i have no clue. or a newer build comming out for us to fix it.

As I said, it's on LWGJL's shoulders now. All we can do is wait. Or scour the internet for a copy of java prefereces.