Technic Launcher Updater has encountered a problem.

Nethaufer

Question

I have completely wiped my .minecraft folder, got rid of everything in it. Ran the normal launcher to re-install it and then I ran the Technic Launcher. Nothing happened, although in the Task Manager the TechnicLauncher-v0.2.exe process did show up, and then the microsoft error reporter popped up. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I use Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, SP 2, 32 bit, and I have 512 MB of RAM. (Yes, I know it's small, but it hasn't given me problems before.)

I would provide an error report, but there isn't one to copy, and the error report from the error reporter is full of nonsense. Trust me, it wouldn't help.

Edit: Do I have to get Spout?

3 answers to this question

Okay, I got the .jar from the Spoutcraft link. It seems to be working, as I have a Technic Logo that is getting in the way right now.

@Rupert, I mean that it crashed before doing anything at all, and I did look, no new folder.

Edit: It is working as there is now a .techniclauncher folder in my Application Data folder. There still may be a chance for failure though.

Edit Edit: I was looking through the folder, and I found this error log:

[16:01:27] [iNFO] ------------------------------------------

[16:01:27] [iNFO] Launcher is starting....

[16:01:27] [iNFO] Launcher Build: 0.5.0

[16:01:37] [iNFO] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Fraser Boys\Application Data\.techniclauncher\temp\mirrors.yml (The system cannot find the path specified)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:52)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadMirrorsYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:19)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.updateMirrorsYMLCache(MirrorUtils.java:89)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:333)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:157)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:81)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadMirrorsYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:19)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.updateMirrorsYMLCache(MirrorUtils.java:89)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:333)

[16:01:37] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:157)

It wasn't done, but judging by those SEVERE things, I didn't think it would have gotten much further.

Edit Again: I gave it a second try, but the same error occurred.

Another Edit: So I was able to install it on my newer computer just fine using the launcher and I didn't need to update my java version. I downloaded the first launcher version at school and started it up on the school computer. The school computers run on the same type of XP that I have on my home one, except for the fact that they are, surprisingly, dual core. The launcher actually got further than when I tried it on my home computer. So I think it's something to do with my computer. Also, after looking at the error reports, it seems as though the launcher, AND THE .JAR, are not able to reach the download. I'm going to try to copy the files from the computer that already has downloaded it and see if that works. I would still like someone to help me figure out why it isn't working properly.