Airplane Mod

Somark28

I was thinking of a mod that added airplanes into the game. Like, creating commercial airlines would be cool in multiplayer. Although it would be weird if it were an airplane that you just placed, and it appeared, so you would have to get separate pieces, and assemble together. I was thinking you could use IC2 fuel, like biofuel, or even uranium (radioactive plane). Also I am thinking that it would need about 70 blocks before taking off. I am still thinking about how the GUI would be to fly the plane, also birds could be added with the mod to simulate problems with them. And even eventually breaking after to long of use or exploding if there is a bad landing. Tell me what you think about my idea

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the love of my idea. But I now think that this would be impossible, because if a player got on a plane in multiplayer, and another got on as a passenger. Then when the plane moved, everything in the plan would have to move. It would lag a lot, and if someone lagged out they would probably drop out of the plane, because if they stayed on the plane when they disconnected, and the plane moved. They would be moving without being on the server, causing them to stay in the same spot as they were when they left. I think they would glitch out, and someone would have to destroy their dat file for them to play again/,

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the love of my idea. But I now think that this would be impossible, because if a player got on a plane in multiplayer, and another got on as a passenger. Then when the plane moved, everything in the plan would have to move. It would lag a lot, and if someone lagged out they would probably drop out of the plane, because if they stayed on the plane when they disconnected, and the plane moved. They would be moving without being on the server, causing them to stay in the same spot as they were when they left. I think they would glitch out, and someone would have to destroy their dat file for them to play again/,

This wouldn't be too hard to overcome. Make the planes entities like minecarts. You don't have to move everything in the plane because the plane is everything, minus players. To spawn them, you build them in the world instead of crafting table, similar to Railcraft's coke oven. That way you aren't magically placing them on the ground like in Flan's mods.

You're overthinking the player disconnection part. When players log back in, they spawn where the server tells them to. Just have the server keep track of players that logged off in a vehicle and tie their spawn locations to that vehicle. If the vehicle no longer exists, kill them and send them back to their default spawn locations.

This wouldn't be too hard to overcome. Make the planes entities like minecarts. You don't have to move everything in the plane because the plane is everything, minus players. To spawn them, you build them in the world instead of crafting table, similar to Railcraft's coke oven. That way you aren't magically placing them on the ground like in Flan's mods.

You're overthinking the player disconnection part. When players log back in, they spawn where the server tells them to. Just have the server keep track of players that logged off in a vehicle and tie their spawn locations to that vehicle. If the vehicle no longer exists, kill them and send them back to their default spawn locations.

Yes I did state in the original post of not making them able to be placed down, but building them, maybe I was not clear enough. And maybe I did overthink that, but I thought no one replied because of that situation and assumed the worst.

Yes I did state in the original post of not making them able to be placed down, but building them, maybe I was not clear enough. And maybe I did overthink that, but I thought no one replied because of that situation and assumed the worst.

Many people have touted the necessity for a planes mod in Tekkit, and I'm sure many have tried to program it. By no mistake is it a very large undertaking!