Unpleasant News For The Future Of Tekkit

jakj

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, we have waited this long and used tekkit as is because even with the updates in regular minecraft, tekkit is still superior to minecraft so I suggest that everyone who can not be working on a solution, just wait it out. When a solution is presented to you? back up your server and install it to test it out a while. if it fails you have your back up and can roll things back, seriously this is a no-brainer. I think the best thing about all this waiting is that once it is over, I am betting the next upgrade will be relatively short, and we are not going to miss out on updated minecraft stuff, it will still be there when we get the update.

I am betting the people so antsy are also the sort as kids that thought the reason they had to go to bed at night was so their parents could bust out the clowns and elephants for a party so the kids would not get to have fun with them :o ;)

I am betting the people so antsy are also the sort as kids that thought the reason they had to go to bed at night was so their parents could bust out the clowns and elephants for a party so the kids would not get to have fun with them :o

I make both my kids goto bed, so I can shutdown the 1.2.5MC tekkit server I have, and launch the 1.4MC tekkit without them knowing and play ALL night long!;)

But I agree, I'm in no rush..nothing in the updates since 1.2.5 we really NEED to enjoy the game. I'm happy on this one until a solution is made.

Just a bit concerned about if all the plugins for bukkit are going to have to go :(

Been using bukkit since it took over hmod..its like a friend. would hate to choose between going back to plain bukkit or raw tekkit.

Honestly, I'm not really worried about updates as there is so much already in Tekkit. What I am concerned about is whether or not this means my current SMP server will stop working. I am currently using Bukkit plugins. If I do not update anything, will my current set-up continue to work?

Of course they will work. Why would they not work? He is not updating to a new version, he just keeps the status quo. Nothing that works now will magically stop working just because future versions are not being developed to work together anymore.

Looking at the Server Ops forum, it turns out that while Forge themselves aren't making a Bukkit port, someone else already has. MCPC has a build working for 1.4.2 already, with a good selection of mods already supported. Perhaps things won't go so badly.

Forge is looking at exposing more hooks for mod/plugin authors to allow for bukkit-like plugins to be created that run in forge natively, without the need to re-invent the wheel every time bukkit updates, so this is a positive thing, instead of wasting 100+ hours every time bukkit updates, the devs can put that time towards making forge even more awesome!

One of the things I love about the minecraft community is that so many people are willing to take time from their personal life to make FREE modifications to the game. I know the kind of knowledge it takes to build these modifications/plugins, and I am amazed at the generosity of those who make them. If any of you happen to read this, thank you for making this game awesome!

At first I thought this was going to be about the mods themselves.

I mean, IC2 reactor cooling mechanics are changing alot for one. Water Cooling no longer works and Coolant cells will be replaced with fans.

Also it might go to EE3 which has no Collectors, Condensers or Red Matter.

But I suppose this is worse. No more "protection" and other plugins.

At first I thought this was going to be about the mods themselves.

I mean, IC2 reactor cooling mechanics are changing alot for one. Water Cooling no longer works and Coolant cells will be replaced with fans.

Also it might go to EE3 which has no Collectors, Condensers or Red Matter.

Wouldn't exactly be unpleasant news. the first one's a step forward, in my opinion. The second one has server owners celebrating. EE2 can be OP on a server, so EE3 should fix this.