RAGE!!!!!! EE3

I said this one another thread, but I wanted to start a thread on my own starting with the same comment.

"Come on people! I love being filthy rich! Get over it! If Panihamar, or whatever, is going to take out useful things like condensers, collectors, red matter (yes, red matter-no more mourning stars or katars), etc. he better make awesome replacements or he is going to have a lot of complaints (hopefully, anyways). Also (yes, another complaint), why can't he add EMC pipes to Tekkit? Never mind, he is good on that one. I missed the (few) good things like EMC pipes."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah I guess it is overpowered. You go onto a Tekkit server, and all you see is a bunch of people who spent 3 hours making red matter. Now, I could never do this. I bad at doing things quickly. Anyways, it would be cool to see a Tekkit server where not everyone is filthy rich. I guess that's why some admins ban EE2. Back to my case however, besides being filthy rich, it is cool to have so many diamonds. I also like the red matter stuff like mourning stars and katars, but I will NEVER be a maige. Sure I have maige tools; so what, sue me. The maige tools are awesome and so are the other mods' tools. I also use things that generate EMC to make a HUGE amount of diamonds, dark matter, red matter-basically whatever I desire. I both agree with you, but don't you think it is just the slightest bit unfair to take away very useful stuff. Hopefully he (I don't know how to spell his name correctly) will make a better transmuting system, and we (we probably means I and a few other people) can stop whining about it. For now, we can be grateful for what we (actually we this time) have in our Tekkit worlds and servers.

If you miss the old options in the new EE, why not just go into creative mode? :P its the same thing, just without the personal guilt of creative mode :)

Despite my status, I am not a newb who enjoys creative mode, except on my worlds I use for testing things.

Well, yeah I guess it is overpowered. You go onto a Tekkit server, and all you see is a bunch of people who spent 3 hours making red matter. Now, I could never do this. I bad at doing things quickly. Anyways, it would be cool to see a Tekkit server where not everyone is filthy rich. I guess that's why some admins ban EE2. Back to my case however, besides being filthy rich, it is cool to have so many diamonds. I also like the red matter stuff like mourning stars and katars, but I will NEVER be a maige. Sure I have maige tools; so what, sue me. The maige tools are awesome and so are the other mods' tools. I also use things that generate EMC to make a HUGE amount of diamonds, dark matter, red matter-basically whatever I desire. I both agree with you, but don't you think it is just the slightest bit unfair to take away very useful stuff. Hopefully he (I don't know how to spell his name correctly) will make a better transmuting system, and we (we probably means I and a few other people) can stop whining about it. For now, we can be grateful for what we (actually we this time) have in our Tekkit worlds and servers.

Well, if your trip is just "possessing" loads of diamonds, you might as well cheat them in... When you get one diamond per second, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I think you are confusing "take away very useful stuff" with "take away very easymode stuff".

If all you want is endless amounts of everything to build with, why is creative mode any different? the end result is the same..More items than you can ever use.

Im mean seriously, without even using collectors..in a 9x9x9 space..you can make a EE factory that makes every type of ore, diamonds, and such faster than a condenser can convert into them and move them to a chest.

I can fill a diamond chest with stacks of diamonds from that factory in about 12 minutes...then just replace the items in the condenser to something else..and fill ANOTHER chest with other items faster than that.

Drop a dimensional anchor, a timer to switch the items I want made...goto bed, and return the next day with seperate diamond chests stocked full of every item. No thats not unbalanced..

In the end Its creative mode pretty much. but with the false security of being able to say "no no I didn't use creative mode to get this..I MADE it!".

Despite my status, I am not a newb who enjoys creative mode, except on my worlds I use for testing things.

Without trying to sound offense, You are a seasoned player that enjoys the freedom of creative mode, without the stigma that comes with being labeled as using creative mode :)

I mean to me personal someone saying "I built this in creative mode" and "I built this using EE to get items" is the same to me. The same "well its not as impressive at all now" thought applies to both the same.

EDIT:

I mean if you enjoy that type of gameplay, go for it. everyone enjoys the game differently..Far be it from me to belittle you for it.

But don't make out like its not creative/easy mode in the end..as if using EE gives more validity to getting the items than just clicking in creative mode does. its just one more click than creative mode :P

Creative mode..click and you get endless items.

EE mode..you click AND drag(to condenser) to get endless items.

Anyways...

1)What would be a better transmuting system?

2)Aren't you (plural) even the slightest bit upset about him taking away red matter?

1) Anything where there is a loss to transmutation, or an external cost. For example, transforming gold in diamond needs more gold than the actual worth of diamond. Or, you have to use some specific, rare resource to execute the transmutations.

2) Nope, it's really just a bunch of diamonds compressed together.

Im not upset, I dont play with EE myself.

for #1

To me transmuting ruins the fun of the game, after 3-4 days I have every item I need in quantities of more than I can ever use. with EE, 90% of the other parts of tekkit aren't needed. The majority of the fun of minecraft to me is knowing the rarity of items I need and having to go find them. If I can turn cobble into anything else..then the challenge is gone.

Nothing has any 'value' anymore. If someone makes a huge castle out of diamond blocks...but they was made using cobble to diamonds..then the castle isn't any more impressive than if it was just made out of cobble to start with to me since he can now have 'unlimited diamonds', which makes them less rare, so the fact that his castle is made of them is lost in that point..

Plus why worry about quarries, and miners, and factories, and such. when all you need is a condenser, some pipes, and an autocrafting table to make everything you ever need. :)

For #2

With redmatter in EE, to me isn't needed..which is ironic in every handtool you can make in EE using redmatter is useless if you have EE turned on.

Like why make red matter shears, pickaxe, axe, hoe or shovel..when you can just make the items you use them on to start with, without needing to go use tools to collect them?

Like whats the point of a redmatter shovel? I can just mass create dirt/sand/gravel/etc with a condenser no need for a powerful shovel to get it..same for other tools.

Like whats the point of a redmatter shovel? I can just mass create dirt/sand/gravel/etc with a condenser no need for a powerful shovel to get it..same for other tools.

Well, to be honest, all the red matter tools are very efficient tools of terraformation.

Everyone in this thread is entitled to there own opinion obviously, but I think that EE is not overpowered unless you make it overpowered. Its just like having too many items installed, its not OP if you don't make it OP, you have to have self control, don't ruin things for yourself by making mass ammounts of redmatter farms and power flowers and all that other crazy stuff.

Well, to be honest, all the red matter tools are very efficient tools of terraformation.

Yeah, the only thing I use red matter for is tools and collectors, which I don't even really need anymore.

Everyone in this thread is entitled to there own opinion obviously, but I think that EE is not overpowered unless you make it overpowered. Its just like having too many items installed, its not OP if you don't make it OP, you have to have self control, don't ruin things for yourself by making mass ammounts of redmatter farms and power flowers and all that other crazy stuff.

But thats the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer, just because you have restraint, doesn't mean the guy living next to you on the map..making many huge ugly 64x64 quarry holes for EMC does :)

So for multiplayer I think its a matter of the entire server population agreeing one way or the other.

I am beginning to doubt my argument skills. Well said though.

But thats the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer, just because you have restraint, doesn't mean the guy living next to you on the map..making many huge ugly 64x64 quarry holes for EMC does :)

So for multiplayer I think its a matter of the entire server population agreeing one way or the other.

If you don't like what someone is doing, just ignore them. It's their problem they are obsessed with EE2 (or like you said, giant holes), you don't have to make it yours.

Also, another thing I need to add is that I do not think EE is for economy servers/pvp servers, more singleplayer or small servers/with friends, you have to have restraint, not making destruction catalysts and ravaging spawn etc

Another thing I forgot to add was I think it was a way to add trading in singleplayer.

Oh I wasn't saying that its a bad playstyle googleflef..I was stating trying to deny it can be WAY overpowered, as a defense of why to keep it, was silly.

If you like it because of how overpowered it can be when you want it to, good on ya, just don't hide it behind a veil of excuses of how its not in the wrong hands :)

Oh I wasn't saying that its a bad playstyle googleflef..I was stating trying to deny it can be WAY overpowered, as a defense of why to keep it, was silly.

If you like it because of how overpowered it can be when you want it to, good on ya, just don't hide it behind a veil of excuses of how its not in the wrong hands :)

KEY WORD:CAN

I see what your saying now. You have made me budge a little. It can definitely cause bad consequences.

I am now think of the time my friend got WorldEdit on his server and everyone was op. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

If you don't like what someone is doing, just ignore them. It's their problem they are obsessed with EE2 (or like you said, giant holes), you don't have to make it yours.

Well that doesn't work to ignore someone, when one of my towns wants to make a well thought out, and beautiful city by hand..and the guy next door is strip mining the whole island to bedrock for the EMC.

Hard to ignore someone when you look off your balcony of your painstakingly built mansion..and see the great ocean view you had the day before is now a barren pit of a void with 4 quarries on it pumping out EMC because hes not worried about looks, hes worried about EMC per tick.

Or when they join your town, and decide they are EMC horders, and don't care to help out on the build..they just want to mine the entire underside of the city out to make EMC so they can have a diamond chest of diamondblocks to show off.

But thats my take, I think the multiplayer part is just that, playing with like minded people..its the point of playing with others. If I have to try to ignore 1/2 the server because they are all about hording EMC and ruining the land doing it..then Im playing with the wrong people :D