RAGE!!!!!! EE3

I'm not sure how you work that out, as solar panels won't run a mass fabricator. You need at least 1 HV solar array to run it. Have you ever worked out the cost of an HV Solar array? My husband and I made 2 and it took us days of just crafting after we already had the materials. It's thousands upon thousands of parts for them. And unless you have a constant source of scrap pumping into a recycler, a mass fabricator isn't going to make UU matter very fast.

True, but once you have one, you tend to get lazy. It's a fact. Maybe it would be more fun to have the Mass Fabricator ONLY run when there's scrap, and it would still take 1 Million EU to make 1 UU-Matter. People would still eventually end up in the same scenario, but it wouldn't be as quick and as game-spoiling.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a good solar panel factory it is very possible to build a self expanding unlimited energy machine.

Simply design the solar panel factory to convert uu mater into all the resources needed to build the solar panels. That are than automatically combined into arrays of increasing size until they become HV solar arrays. Which are than placed in to the world and wired up by a frame machine to power the massfab to make more UU mater faster.

The longer the system runs the more solar panels it will create and the faster the machine will run to where your making a new HV array every few minutes for free.

As for EE3 I look forward to it and all the changes it will bring.

I was unaware that UU matter made things like copper cables, electronic circuits, re-batteries (charged), and other things needed to make solar panels.

I was unaware that UU matter made things like copper cables, electronic circuits, re-batteries (charged), and other things needed to make solar panels.

I saw a guide recently with all of the recipes for uu-matter and it can make alot of items in game I don't know about the cables but most all of the vanilla blocks.

I think anyone who complains about the difficulty of making solar panels is just failing at using Tekkit to its potential. And they should be sent to work at GregTech immediately.

I don't seem to be able to find a post where someone complained about it being difficult. Tedious, yes. Difficult? No.

You do not make the items directly from the uu matter, instead you get all the copper, tin, iron, rubber, coal, redstone, and glass from the uu than funnel them into auto crafting tables and furnaces to make the cables, batteries, etc. Which are funneled into even more auto craft tables to make the solar panels.

Basically you end up with a massive machine of a ton for auto crafting tables and if you have EE you can use condensers to get all the resources instead of using UU matter.

Also that guide you linked to is the full list of all you can make with UU.

I don't use condensers, if you would have read my original reply you would have seen that. That's kind of what this whole rage post is about. I do have a factory set up though to make solar panels, but I load the materials as needed. If I was going to use condensers, I might as well just play in creative.

I don't use condensers, if you would have read my original reply you would have seen that. That's kind of what this whole rage post is about. I do have a factory set up though to make solar panels, but I load the materials as needed. If I was going to use condensers, I might as well just play in creative.

Just mentioning it as the process is a lot easier with them but using UU matter and needing a auto craft table for each resource is more fun.

• 1 month later...

I can see how people believe that EE is overpowered, but I felt like I should pipe in on this, ever after I mastered EE and made 15 mk3 "power flowers" and had it all pumped into a red matter generating chest, I continued to build more items, and focus on the different tech tree's, I've still never build an MFFS - Even I was commenting on how "almost godlike" you become in the game, and ... to be honest "it feels good bro" - now, I played on this world for several months off and on, mostly ignoring EE, and focusing on redpower and computercraft. When I finally started in on it, I got the realization of its "power" - after 'mastering' that, instead of being bored and not being able to challenge myself, to a new goal - I started working on a completely automated computercraft/rp2/ee based "items on order" system, where you walk up to a computer type in a request for an item, the item's requirement tree is built up, its EMC cost calculated, pieces ordered and built, and then stuffed into the chest below the comptuer. Items that cannot be just transmuted, can now be made automatically from EMC, That will be overpowered, and sure... "might as well be creative mode" .... I don't think anyone would be justified in saying I didn't earn that position, at that point. Personally I would love to see EE stay mostly the same, but just insanely harder, I mean it feels to me that's what people are more or less discussing, "stop making OP game mods accessible to noobs, and make it more difficult and technical"

• 2 weeks later...

An average gameplay in EE2: make a stone pick, make a divining rod, go diamond hunting, make a collector farm, done.

I felt it was overpowered, but it sure is better than having a world full of massive quarry holes you need to make to get all the resources for the stuff you want to make or build.

I feel Tekkit lacks a little in getting the resources in a balanced fashion, and tekkit lite lacks in getting resources without damaging the environment. (I'm referring to one of the first comments basically saying quarries are only used for EMC. If I'm wrong in doubting this, please feel free to correct)

However, that's just my opinion. I run a simple server for me and my friends, and the quarry holes tend to not look very nice, or cause lag because of the increased amount of loaded chunks.

Also, danidas, I didn't know you could make copper and tin with UU-matter?

What part of "Equivalent Exchange" is it that is not understandable? The original purpose of the mod was to allow for an easy conversion between different materials. The mod went to shit exactly when xeno started adding features that produce EMC literally out of thin air.

As for why condensers were removed - it is too easy to automate the process, turning the mod from an easy way to convert one material into another, and into an automatic cobblestone-to-diamonds generator.

An average gameplay in EE2: make a stone pick, make a divining rod, go diamond hunting, make a collector farm, done.

I felt it was overpowered, but it sure is better than having a world full of massive quarry holes you need to make to get all the resources for the stuff you want to make or build.

I feel Tekkit lacks a little in getting the resources in a balanced fashion, and tekkit lite lacks in getting resources without damaging the environment. (I'm referring to one of the first comments basically saying quarries are only used for EMC. If I'm wrong in doubting this, please feel free to correct)

However, that's just my opinion. I run a simple server for me and my friends, and the quarry holes tend to not look very nice, or cause lag because of the increased amount of loaded chunks.

Also, danidas, I didn't know you could make copper and tin with UU-matter?

Don't forget that you can put quarries underground, killing 2 birds with 1 stone: avoiding surface damage, AND reaching gold/diamond layers much faster, without having to dig through ~50 layers of stone, dirt and occasional coal/iron.

[EDIT]: I've read the thread, and many of my points are redundant because they've been pointed out already. I apologize for any repeating I've done.

Don't forget that you can put quarries underground, killing 2 birds with 1 stone: avoiding surface damage, AND reaching gold/diamond layers much faster, without having to dig through ~50 layers of stone, dirt and occasional coal/iron.

The chance of more valuable materials being true, it doesn't take away the fact that underground chunks will still be loaded in, and while the cavern systems in general generate lag already, it doesn't take away the fact quarries only contribute to it. Of course, you can build quarries further away from the inhabited areas and use a single world anchor for every digging session, but world anchors are banned on most servers for logical reasons, and it still requires you to manually go pick the resources up, as I believe there is a set max. distance for item teleport pipes, which is a minor annoyance to say the least :P.

It does take away the big ugly holes aspect, I actually hadn't thought of that. Thanks! :)

The chance of more valuable materials being true, it doesn't take away the fact that underground chunks will still be loaded in, and while the cavern systems in general generate lag already, it doesn't take away the fact quarries only contribute to it. Of course, you can build quarries further away from the inhabited areas and use a single world anchor for every digging session, but world anchors are banned on most servers for logical reasons, and it still requires you to manually go pick the resources up, as I believe there is a set max. distance for item teleport pipes, which is a minor annoyance to say the least :P.

It does take away the big ugly holes aspect, I actually hadn't thought of that. Thanks! :)

Miners? Anyone? Infinitely cheaper, prettier, etc.

Miners, while certainly being prettier than quarries, need you to be at the location to move it at all times. It also doesn't take a lot more effort to just use an OV Scanner directly if you want valuable ores.

Well, once you have the 9x9 upgrade, they give you quite a rest for a while. I do agree on the long term, you'll prefer to have made a 64x64 quarry, but I prefer them for the first tiers.

In later versions, Buildcraft actually makes Quarries load chunks.

In other words since most servers ban chunk loaders looks like quarries will be banned as well, leaving only miners. Which work far easier than quarries and produce fewer waste products such as the mountain of cobble the average quarry produces.

I can imagine an entire setup with redpower frames to also be pretty darn resource-heavy on servers. If not, great, then you could always do that for a passive income of resources, but if it is, is there any other way to automate the resource acquisition? As tekkit is all about making random people confuzled as heck about the setup while having everything done for you while you can do everything behind a monitor. At least to me it is. xD

With both thermal expansion and factorization their are mod mechanics that allow you to triple your yield from ores. With thermal expansion focusing on abandoning the double yield of one ore to get triple from another. As for factorization its ore tripling mechanic is time based, taking 20 min or so to triple each ore.

So their are ways to get more from each mining trip and heavens forbid that you actually mine in minecraft.

With both thermal expansion and factorization their are mod mechanics that allow you to triple your yield from ores. With thermal expansion focusing on abandoning the double yield of one ore to get triple from another. As for factorization its ore tripling mechanic is time based, taking 20 min or so to triple each ore.

Ah, okay, I hadn't actually looked into factorization yet. Still, if it's as close as you can get to a continuous resource gatherer, I won't complain about 3x ore output.

heavens forbid that you actually mine in minecraft.

Well, the modpack is based on industry, isn't it now? :P

Their is always the mass fab from IC2 which has always been the next best thing to a EE2 power flower. As you can make a lot of the common resources via UU matter and all it takes a good bit of IC2 energy that can easily be gotten with solar arrays. You can even build a perpetually expanding solar powered mass fab that uses the the uu matter to make all the resources needed for solar panels. That are than combined automatically via auto crafting tables into increasing big compact solar arrays. Which are auto placed and wired up to the mass fab via a frame machine increasing the rate at which it makes even more HV solar arrays. All with out ever having to invest in any more resources beyond what it takes to make the machine in the first place.