Tekkit (fan?) Art

Soupa

Um, since I'm not sure, is putting your own art on here still welcomed? That is, if some sort of enhanced collage I made with a weird lighting fade thing can be considered art. I just saw all the great art on here, and it made me want to contribute.

Um, since I'm not sure, is putting your own art on here still welcomed? That is, if some sort of enhanced collage I made with a weird lighting fade thing can be considered art. I just saw all the great art on here, and it made me want to contribute.

Shore you can.

>FISHPUN

So, the Turtle, Light bulb and strap (Actually a belt for some trousers) are just randomly from the internet (As this is what I like to call an enhanced collage), but the stick and string are from a screenshot of a Team Fortress 2 item, the Sammy Cap. Then I did some weird opacity erasing light stuff. This is sort of my way of producing something maybe kind of a little bit sorta nice-looking, while actually having no artistic skill whatsoever.

knry1Qr.jpg

PS: It's supposed to be a sort of unobtrusive desktop background kind of deal, if you're wondering why there's a lone turtle in the corner facing all that blackness with just his little bulb. Anyway, everybody loves an underturtle!

Oh yeah, and any constructive criticism is welcomed and in fact asked for.

Edited by Smeelio

@Ysharma

Smeelio, you're approved for at least Bishop in the Church of Turtlism. (I'm not a member, but I do respect the Great A'tun and his messenger, Blastortise. :D )

Edited by Lethosos

@Ysharma

Smeelio, you're approved for at least Bishop in the Church of Turtlism. (I'm not a member, but I do respect the Great A'tun and his messenger, Blastortise. :D )

Thanks! And is that a Discworld reference, or am I mistaken?

You should make the different light levels blend together instead of having them look separate like that.

Yeah, I agree with you, and I actually experimented with that, but since it's sort of an initial prototype of lighting I just went with this effect because I quite liked it and it was pretty easy to do, and I was feeling lazy after searching ages for images and for some reason not being able to find ANY that fit, with either really specific or really vague searches. However, I have another weird idea I want to collagify, and that involves lighting too, and I also think I have figured out a way to make a more gradual blended light as you suggested. Thanks for the feedback!

PS: Is my picture (Dubbed Turtley Awesome Lighting because I couldn't think of anything better or more descriptive or even true since the lighting isn't that awesome) relevant because turtles live under the sea?

Edited by Smeelio

Thanks! And is that a Discworld reference, or am I mistaken?

Yes, it is. You can't have a religion based on turtles without including the biggest turtle-god that we can find. :D

Yes, it is. You can't have a religion based on turtles without including the biggest turtle-god that we can find. :D

Yay for reading!

It is.

GLYY6.png

Oh, and Supa Dupa Soupa! If you happen to see this post amidst your storm of arting and stuff, could you tell me if it's okay for me to use some of your amazing art from ages ago as my picture? I change mine quite a lot, but then run out of useable images on my computer, but then I remembered this post from years ago (I think it was my last post EVER until this string of them) and thought "Well, that might be a picture I can actually stick with, for a while at least!"

PS: I actually don't know if the image is too large for pictures on here. I'll check later.

PS: It's supposed to be a sort of unobtrusive desktop background kind of deal, if you're wondering why there's a lone turtle in the corner facing all that blackness with just his little bulb. Anyway, everybody loves an underturtle!

Oh yeah, and any constructive criticism is welcomed and in fact asked for.

This is exactly what all threads need. Hail turtlism! 

This is exactly what all threads need. Hail turtlism! 

Well, I'm glad I created something random that appealed to someone specifically (As well as all the feedback from everyone else who liked it of course), even if it was by accident  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Made a challange for you guys while you wait for new art.

Copy and pasted from tumblr:

Imagine this: You’re sitting in your animation history class. Your professor says that your classmate who sits two empty seats away from you is going to show his animation. Joy!

Then, projected ten feet tall in glorious HD, is an autobiographical piece about his life problems and his manic pixie dream girl purple skunk girlfriend.

My challange:

Watch the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHBIM0UvJ6U

Side note: It's not just a side mouth, It's a sidestache.