how to make a server

bomboy2121

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ and download the server file

extract it to the folder you want your server to be in and run the launch.bat

if you want to make it a private server, i suggest u use Hamachi (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx)

make a hamachi network and put your hamachi-ip in the server.properties (server-ip=)

(server.properties file is created when you run the launch.bat for the first time)

let your friends join your hamachi network, and they can join you using your hamachi ip adress

Have fun!

Or you could just use a whitelist to stop random people getting on. Or even just not tell random people the IP. They can't grief you if they don't know your IP. Port forwarding is safer than Himachi, since if anyone in your Himachi network has a virus you all get it.

Well for a start, you could ask the Bukkit people rather than the Tekkit people...

I'm still confused at why you didn't ask there in the first place. This is the forum for Tekkit, not Bukkit. Why would you post about something on something else's forum for help about it?

Well, I'll give you credit for attempting to use google.

But really, the first post told you how to make a server. I'll even quote the important bits for you.

go to http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ and download the server file

extract it to the folder you want your server to be in and run the launch.bat

Then, you need to forward your port, which I'm sorry to say that we can't help you with that.

Basically, you'll need to figure out how/if you can access your network settings and look for things that say "port forwarding".

Just remember, downloading starting the server is about 0.01% of the work RUNNING a server.

be sure you want to open that can of worms dealing with plugins for permissions, protections, ranks, etc before you jump into it.

I cant count the number of people Ive seen over the years of hmod/bukkit/tekkit that go "I want to start a server!" then fail to grasp the basics before diving in and trying to go 'balls to the wall' speed deciding they want to host one.

To get even MORE frustrated once they figured out what a bat file was, how to launch it, then stuck in a deer in headlights look trying to admin it and keep it fun, safe from griefers, and bugfree (or as least buggy as possible).

Think of it like buying a 'do it yourself steam engine kit" Just because you finally figured out how to open the box it was shipped in, doesn't mean your ready to try to slap it together and go cruising around town in it and inviting people to ride along if you've never used a wrench and screwdriver before in your life :).

Just remember, downloading starting the server is about 0.01% of the work RUNNING a server.

be sure you want to open that can of worms dealing with plugins for permissions, protections, ranks, etc before you jump into it.

I cant count the number of people Ive seen over the years of hmod/bukkit/tekkit that go "I want to start a server!" then fail to grasp the basics before diving in and trying to go 'balls to the wall' speed deciding they want to host one.

To get even MORE frustrated once they figured out what a bat file was, how to launch it, then stuck in a deer in headlights look trying to admin it and keep it fun, safe from griefers, and bugfree (or as least buggy as possible).

Think of it like buying a 'do it yourself steam engine kit" Just because you finally figured out how to open the box it was shipped in, doesn't mean your ready to try to slap it together and go cruising around town in it and inviting people to ride along if you've never used a wrench and screwdriver before in your life :).

He said private server, so he wont even have plugins most likely.