how to make a server

bomboy2121

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're trying to dedicate 75% of your total RAM to the server, that's your first mistake. You don't need that much for a small server anyway. Lower it to 1 or 2G and try again. Here is the video I used to set up my server (although I now use 3rd party hosting).

(this video shows you how to set it up without using Hamachi)

Hope this helps.

You probably need to update java as well. Go to java.com and click "Do I Have Java?" below the big red button to see what version of java you have and if you should update it.

As a sidenote for future reference,

edit: i got 4 ram

Saying you have 4 RAM is like saying you have 4 sand, you need a measurement there.

Most computers these days have RAM in GigaBytes, so I can infer that you meant to say you have 4GB of RAM.

You probably need to update java as well. Go to java.com and click "Do I Have Java?" below the big red button to see what version of java you have and if you should update it.

As a sidenote for future reference,

Saying you have 4 RAM is like saying you have 4 sand, you need a measurement there.

Most computers these days have RAM in GigaBytes, so I can infer that you meant to say you have 4GB of RAM.

yea 4 gb and i want to host 5 players on my server

and how much room should i give for the server?

your not my teacher just tell me what to do

1. You're*

2. Your most recent problem "Could not reserve enough space for object heap" can be fixed by visiting the correct forum, the bug report forum. There's even a nice sticky there, 2nd from the top, which explains very nicely how to fix this issue.

Well, it helps if we don't have to spend ages translating whatever you say into English before we can help you. Just use what Lazdude suggested, and use a spellchecker. Pretty much no extra effort for you, but it saves us time and confusion.