Helen Keller

Tfar

I have run into some issues with my modpack, Age of Exploration - [AoE].  I have taken two approaches to uploading this pack.  I'll list both of them, then state the problem each process faces.

A.
1a. I made a folder called 'modpack'
2a. I create two folders in the modpack folder.  I call these 'bin' and 'mods'
3a. I download forge version 9.11.1.953 universal.  It's outdated, but it's what I need for my mods
4a. I put the forge universal .jar file in the bin folder and renamed it 'modpack'
5a. I copied the mods from my minecraft client to the mods folder I just created - the mods are all compatible
6a. I took the two files and used 7-zip to compress them to a zip folder
7a. I uploaded the .zip file to dropbox
8a. I added the dropbox link to the modpack on the technic website - I made sure the end says download=1

The client crashes as soon as I hit the play button.  The modpack seems to download regularly; the directory in which it's installed looks fine.  

B.
1b. I made a folder called 'modpack'
2b. I create two folders in the modpack folder.  I call these 'bin' and 'mods'
3b. I download forge version 9.11.1.953 universal.  It's outdated, but it's what I need for my mods
4b. I created a new folder
5b. I opend the forge file in 7-zip then copied the contents into the new folder
6b. I used 7-zip to convert the new folder to a .jar file called 'modpack'
    ***The current contents of the bin folder is just the modpack.jar I just created***
7b. I copied the mods from my minecraft client to the mods folder I just created - the mods are all compatible
8b. I took the two files and used 7-zip to compress them to a zip folder
9b. I uploaded the .zip file to dropbox
10b. I added the dropbox link to the modpack on the technic website - I made sure the end says download=1

The client loads, but in Vanilla.  I looked in the directory - everything seems fine.  

The mistake may be very simple or small and it would help to have another set of eyes to look at it.  I've been trying to fix this problem for around 8 hours.  Sorry for any typos - it's late and I'm tired.
The modpack that was uploaded using the B process is still up.  Here are some links:

Direct link of modpack.zip - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbnampjadhar1a5/modpack.zip?dl=1
Link to modpack URL - http://technicpack.net/modpack/age-of-exploration-aoe.831686
Installation link - http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/age-of-exploration-aoe

• Moderators

why...? Tfar, the last time you posted about your custom pack you did it in the correct place.

Now, you are here. How did you ignore the last topic here that I locked and warned the user?

I'm sorry, plowmanplow, but I can't allow users who can't read the section titles to be allowed to be helped. I'll hide your post for now and wait until Tfar realizes where his post should have gone.