Technic Launcher Going Downhill?

I hope that this doesn't break any of the rules, this is my first post anyways. I hope at least somebody finds this interesting.

Is it just me, or is about 90% of mod-packs on the Community portion of the Technic Launcher either "Who's Your Daddy Minecraft", "FNaF Roleplay Server", "Pixelmon MMO" or "Zombie Survival". I mean no offense to people who create those types of modpacks, but their should only be 3 or 4 of those types, not 300-400! Even the Discover section has been taken over by this. Just look:

J7h9fQZ.png

I apologize about the image size.

That's all I have for my "rant". Thanks for taking a look at my post.

This is my first comment or post but yea I would have to agree that those type of modpacks have been flooding the search and discover area.

I mean some of those are just the same and POKEMON packs are just the same, there is like hundreds of them. I would supposed to be like what you said 3 or 4 types but there's more than that. Technic allows people to upload all types of modpacks, (if they don't break the TOS or Rules). So if they did remove a lot of the same modpacks, a lot of the community would start to complain about it (I guess?). That's all I can say.

Edited by Flairieve

On 4/24/2016 at 1:36 AM, Flairieve said:

This is my first comment or post but yea I would have to agree that those type of modpacks have been flooding the search and discover area.

I mean some of those are just the same and POKEMON packs are just the same, there is like hundreds of them. I would supposed to be like what you said 3 or 4 types but there's more than that. Technic allows people to upload all types of modpacks, (if they don't break the TOS or Rules). So if they did remove a lot of the same modpacks, a lot of the community would start to complain about it (I guess?). That's all I can say.

I have to agree, the community would be angry if they didn't get their daily dose of Zombie Survival and FNaF RP. I've been on technic laucher for years. Ever since Technic Classic. I believe that the community is adjusting, but in a bad way. I remember when you could browse the first few pages of the Community Modpacks section, and there would be such a variety in the modpacks you could browse. It was really cool. Now all that is featured is the garbage mentioned above.

Edited by UncleJobel

Well "Now all that is featured is the garbage mentioned above. ", is your opinion, I am not saying I do not agree with it, but I honestly see no point in starting a topic such as this, almost clearly looking for people from both sides to rant and rave. Technic is going through phases and will continue to as popular games change and new games come out. Who knows where technic will be in a year, month, or even tomorrow. The future cannot be told. It can only be shown as it is made. I can almost assure you that Technic will remain good enough for purpose of uploading, sharing and playing modpacks for a while. Let's just come to the conclusion that Technic has and will change everyday. The featured, the most popular, the community. Time moves on, with that so don't games and people. Hope I helped!

~Caz

Edited by MrTrollNugNug

49 minutes ago, MrTrollNugNug said:

Well "Now all that is featured is the garbage mentioned above. ", is your opinion, I am not saying I do not agree with it, but I honestly see no point in starting a topic such as this, almost clearly looking for people from both sides to rant and rave. Technic is going through phases and will continue to as popular games change and new games come out. Who knows where technic will be in a year, month, or even tomorrow. The future cannot be told. It can only be shown as it is made. I can almost assure you that Technic will remain good enough for purpose of uploading, sharing and playing modpacks for a while. Let's just come to the conclusion that Technic has and will change everyday. The featured, the most popular, the community. Time moves on, with that so don't games and people. Hope I helped!

~Caz

I posted this thread to see the different sides of the community and their opinions. My main post is simply putting my 2 cents in. I have to agree also with your statement about  the future. You never know what holds is to come in the future of Technic Launcher.