Bundled Cables and Computercraft STILL dead?

Tassyr

So last time I checked out this pack it was just over a year ago. Before that I'd played for several months, then had to take a break. Originally, there was a bundled redstone wire and computercraft combo that worked. It worked great, in fact, and I designed a large amount of stuff around it. 

When I resumed about a year ago, it was no longer working. I was told to wait a few months for an update that'd fix it and similar on this forum when I asked.

Well guys, it's been a -year.- I realised I hadn't played in forever so I decided to give it a shot, and lo and behold! ... still no compatibility between computercraft and bundled redstone.

Is there any way to get that sort of functionality back? Or has it just been flat out abandoned here? 

Edited by Tassyr

• Moderators

As far as I know, Tekkit is no longer being updated. You could look for compatible versions of those mods and try and fix yourself, or move onto a 1.7.10 pack (or later), or make your own custom pack. 

2 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

As far as I know, Tekkit is no longer being updated. You could look for compatible versions of those mods and try and fix yourself, or move onto a 1.7.10 pack (or later), or make your own custom pack. 

Well that would explain it. Any idea why? Or if there is a pack with Computercraft and some sort of bundled cable together?

Okay, these seem to be other peoples' server ads, not packs. Is there a "Pick and choose" method for creating a pack, perhaps? (I've never done it before. I tried once and horribly mangled it over a year ago XD)

Edited by Tassyr

6 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

https://technicpack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799459-How-to-create-a-server-for-your-Platform-modpack

Plowman has a Barebones pack that you can use a template to add mods into. 

Thanks for that. Any hints as to where I'd go to find a 'how to make your own pack' tutorial? I'm really new to this part. 

(I'm secretly hoping I can just download and toss in what I want, like items off a menu)

• Moderators

With the barebones pack you can. Get your mods, read the Authors install instructions, drop them into the /mods (usually) folder one or a few at a time, and launch to test with each new addition. Once it runs without error go into configs and make whatever changes you'd like.

Edited by AetherPirate