[3.1.2] How to remove pipe and crystal chest entities?

TehCrew

Hi,

It has come to my attention that my server is becoming increasing laggy. I have tried many things such as switching to CB++, getting an entity plugin limiter for dropped items and many other procedures but to no avail. What someone suggested to me was to ban crystal chests as they as they cause lots of lag but with the crystal chest being able to house so many items I was wondering if there was a way to remove the entities inside them and therefore stop the 'seeing in' ability and the same for Buildcraft pipes as lots of players on my server have factories and I think it would be beneficial if these traveling entities were to disappear. Pneumatic pipes are fine as they only pull items when a free inventory is detected.

I was wondering if there was a few lines of code I could delete somewhere to stop these showing up!

Thanks in advance and to any forthcoming answers!

Crystal chests only cause client lag not server lag, and yes you can disable it showing the items in there by modifying its code but your players will probably complain more than if you just ban it, and diamond chest has the exact same inventory space. Travelling entities in buildcraft pipes cause minimal client lag, it's when they start dropping out on the floor at the other side when nubs make their factories overflow that it causes problems.

WoW... De Ja Vu... I'm sure i've seen this thread before a few weeks ago.

Anyway...

Like Jelato Foot said, items in Crystal Chests and Pipes etc.. aren't actually entities, they are just tacked onto the item/blocks meta data.

They may cause some slight graphical lag for some clients running on older machines with very limited RAM and Graphics capabilities. Namely this would show as FPS loss while looking at them (or with minecraft in the same chunk)

Be sure that your users aren't confusing low FPS with server lag. The easy way to tell is if the user presses F3 and checks what their FPS is in-game. If it's over 20-25 then it's more likely server lag, If it's under that then 99 time out of 100 it'll be their client lagging, not the server. Also by the way it makes no difference for most people if its any number above 60, as the majority of computer screens can only display 60FPS.

I've noticed that the majority of my servers lag issues were caused by players duping things and creating huge badly optimized EMC/EU factories. A good idea is to teach players about painting cables and tubes so that EU/items go only where you want it to go and not in every direction the pipe/cable goes.

If you are dead set against the Crystal Chest idea, just ban it out right and make users use the diamond chest. Its the same size and does exactly what you want already.