How do you build highways

Sargent_Blockson

I'm building several cities on my tekkit server and want to connect them with motorways/ highways. Do any of you have and suggestions/ tips to do this? This does still carry the fallout theme of retro futurism (Before the war, not nuked). And this includes service stations/ rest area.

Railcraft's Concrete and Stone Posts block make for really good looking highways, if you ask me. Also, I would use Industrial Craft's foam and color it to make the colored stripes. For the asphalt, I'd use basalt, or maybe obsidian. But rather basalt.

Railcraft's Concrete and Stone Posts block make for really good looking highways, if you ask me. Also, I would use Industrial Craft's foam and color it to make the colored stripes. For the asphalt, I'd use basalt, or maybe obsidian. But rather basalt.

Thanks mate, do you have any idea how to build diners and 50's style Petrol/ gas stations?

Thanks mate, do you have any idea how to build diners and 50's style Petrol/ gas stations?

Gas stations and driveways are colorful, so I'd use colored foam again, a lot of red I'd say. Other than that, it's all about transferring this kind of atmosphere into minecraft.

5n2AB.jpg

Gas stations and driveways are colorful, so I'd use colored foam again, a lot of red I'd say. Other than that, it's all about transferring this kind of atmosphere into minecraft.

5n2AB.jpg

Yeh I see the problem, retro futurism isn't blocky and is colorful/ optimistic. Anyway I've got a hangover from last night's battle with the black stuff.