I can't use any of my installed modpacks!

TheBestPlaysYT

Question

6 answers to this question

It's because of this;

Pixel Format Not Accelerated

This error message is commonly caused by outdated video card drivers. To fix this, you generally need to update your video card drivers

Causes

• Graphics drivers are outdated, or they do not support required OpenGL support to run Minecraft.
  • Invalid memory allocation, if you set any Java arguments in your Profile Settings, please remove them.
  • On Windows 10, driver updates are automatically installed on your PC whereas previously they were optional. Sometimes the drivers obtained through Windows Update may not contain the proper OpenGL required for Minecraft. You should in this case update your PC's graphics driver as explained below.
  • On first- and second- generation Intel HD graphics chipsets, a Java version below 8u60 is needed on Windows 10. The new Minecraft launcher available on www.minecraft.com/download as a .MSI should automatically resolve issues on these chipsets.

;

Please tell me your OS as well.

Edited by HenrikoMagnifico

hehe, yeah like what Windows version are you on - is what I tried to ask. You can try to disable default fullscreen by doing this, since many people have experienced crashes with that when using mods;

Try turning off full-screen manually:

1. Open the start menu in Windows and, in the search bar, enter '%appdata%'. Look for the '.technic' directory in the search results.
  2. Open it, and open the 'modpacks' folder, find your respective modpack folder in there and open it.
  3. Find the 'options' file; it should have items on each line, such as Clouds:False and graphics: fancy.
  4. Find the line labeled fullscreen. If the value to the right of the colon says true, replace it with false. Save and close the file.
  5. Try running Minecraft again.

I can't guarantee this will work though, since you have not actually successfully managed to start the pack at all even once. Good luck!

Edited by HenrikoMagnifico

5 hours ago, TheBestPlaysYT said:

Im on windows 10. I also forgot to mention that the day before I posted this question, technic launcher was working and I was playing with my friend.

Huh, that really sounds like it's a driver issue then. Could you tell me the name of your Graphics Card? Have you also tried the thing I posted earlier?