Run a Tekkit Legends Server on a Raspberry Pi 3

JaHtz

Hello guys,

I'm currently planning to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 to use it as a Tekkit Legends (or Tekkit Lite) Server. The problem there is, that i dont know much about programming and the most tutorials I found where like ''what the f*** are they talking about''. So i decided to contact you guys and ask for help. If someone knows a good and easy instruction how to run a tekkit lite or what i would recommend, a tekkit legends server, please poste the link here.

I'm planning to play with one or two friends. We need no special plugins, just a normals world where we can play together. I think the Pi3 can handle a 2 or 3 people tekkit server without lagging. My internet connection is pretty good too, so there should be no problems. I think i can figur out how to open a port on my router that other people can connect to the server. That should no problem as well.

If it doesnt work i would run it on a second pc, but there is a very high power consumption instead of the Pi.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english...:airquote:

JaHtz | Janik :clint:

Edited by JaHtz

• Moderators

Sounds like a fun project. Raspberry Pi's run a linux distro, so you'll need some basic Linux knowledge to get going. 

A quick Google search:

http://lemire.me/blog/2016/04/02/setting-up-a-robust-minecraft-server-on-a-raspberry-pi/

This tutorial installs Spigot for 1.9, if you plan on running Legends don't do that as it is a 1.7.10 pack, but you could just run a basic Forge server instead. Thermos is a good alternative too, would work well on a device with limited resources I think. 

http://cyberdynecc.github.io/Thermos/install

If you've never setup a modded Minecraft server before you may want to play with the setup on a PC first. 

These links should provide a starting point for learning.