Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack103

Error Extracting File

21 posts in this topic

This pack needs a fresh start. You re-named all of your mods... that is never a good idea. Just don't. 

After you have re-downloaded all those mods from legit sources (and followed the author's instructions for install), re-zip the bin, config, and mods folder as a zip file called modpack.zip

6 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

This pack needs a fresh start. You re-named all of your mods... that is never a good idea. Just don't. 

After you have re-downloaded all those mods from legit sources (and followed the author's instructions for install), re-zip the bin, config, and mods folder as a zip file called modpack.zip

I renamed all the mods because it was not extracting right and it still isn't 

Re-naming the mods is not going to help. The original problem was your pack was not zipped as modpack.zip. Re-naming mods vastly complicates troubleshooting and updating. 

25 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

Re-naming the mods is not going to help. The original problem was your pack was not zipped as modpack.zip. Re-naming mods vastly complicates troubleshooting and updating. 

I am still having the same issue

14 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

format your dropbox link according to these guidelines:

https://www.circlecraft.info/hosts

BTW, I copied your bin, mods, and config into the barebones pack and it launches. 

I have formatted the dropbox link according to the document but it is still not working. Should I use another host?

How are you zipping it? Try using the Windows explorer compression tool and re-zip it and re-upload 

1 hour ago, AetherPirate said:

How are you zipping it? Try using the Windows explorer compression tool and re-zip it and re-upload 

I'm still having the same issue

Just now, AetherPirate said:

does your dropbox link on your technipack modpack settings page start with https://   ?

No it starts with dl.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:37 AM, wolfpack103 said:

Never mind I fixed it. Apparently I just had to update it

Updating what?

You could also just get the default dropbox link and edit the end from dl=0 to dl=1 or raw=1 always works for me.

• Similar Content

• By backintime
      I don't even know where to start. Me and my friends wanted to make a modpack to play for ourselves, and i was the one tasked with putting it together. I've done all the steps on the guide, and when i press play, a loading bar appears, and then it does nothing. I have no idea whats wrong. I have no idea where to look at whats wrong. I asked my friends and they said they have no idea whats wrong. If you could see what isn't working, the pack is this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By zDorg4d0
      When I try to open a modpack the technic closes and after a while it opens again. Any solution?

• By Itz_Artemis
      Since the new dropbox update where all links are formatted with /sh/ instead of /s/ my modpack has refused to work. I have tried everything but it all ends up with a negative number when loading.
    • By CON_man1090
      I keep getting an error that says- Failed to download https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/version/1.12.2/1.12.2.jar - how do I fix this????
    • By jprik
      None of the logs from the server show anything out of the ordinary, But whenever I try to join my server, I move around for about 5-10 seconds, and then it says a fatal error occured.
      The only thing I believe to be peculiar in the logs are in my latest.log folder for the client, where this is printed-
      [17:27:26] [Client thread/ERROR]: Can't ping [IP]: Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: Expected status to be a JsonObject, was "Ser...g."
      This has never been a problem before, My friends on different networks cant even connect. i have tried to report forward twice, to no avail.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.