Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack103

Error Extracting File

21 posts in this topic

This pack needs a fresh start. You re-named all of your mods... that is never a good idea. Just don't. 

After you have re-downloaded all those mods from legit sources (and followed the author's instructions for install), re-zip the bin, config, and mods folder as a zip file called modpack.zip

6 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

This pack needs a fresh start. You re-named all of your mods... that is never a good idea. Just don't. 

After you have re-downloaded all those mods from legit sources (and followed the author's instructions for install), re-zip the bin, config, and mods folder as a zip file called modpack.zip

I renamed all the mods because it was not extracting right and it still isn't 

Re-naming the mods is not going to help. The original problem was your pack was not zipped as modpack.zip. Re-naming mods vastly complicates troubleshooting and updating. 

25 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

Re-naming the mods is not going to help. The original problem was your pack was not zipped as modpack.zip. Re-naming mods vastly complicates troubleshooting and updating. 

I am still having the same issue

14 minutes ago, AetherPirate said:

format your dropbox link according to these guidelines:

https://www.circlecraft.info/hosts

BTW, I copied your bin, mods, and config into the barebones pack and it launches. 

I have formatted the dropbox link according to the document but it is still not working. Should I use another host?

How are you zipping it? Try using the Windows explorer compression tool and re-zip it and re-upload 

1 hour ago, AetherPirate said:

How are you zipping it? Try using the Windows explorer compression tool and re-zip it and re-upload 

I'm still having the same issue

Just now, AetherPirate said:

does your dropbox link on your technipack modpack settings page start with https://   ?

No it starts with dl.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:37 AM, wolfpack103 said:

Never mind I fixed it. Apparently I just had to update it

Updating what?

You could also just get the default dropbox link and edit the end from dl=0 to dl=1 or raw=1 always works for me.

• Similar Content

• By TheGameSpider
      Three days ago, I started creating a modpack.
      So I downloaded some mods, uploaded them on server and did the modpack creating stuff.
      When I was done, It was time to click the Install button (in the launcher). The Launcher downloaded all the .zip files to cache folder, as normal. But then something Strange happened...
      The launcher started extracting contents from jar packages to the root directory. I Really don't know what is happening. The log looks like the installation was successful. I tried to restart the launcher and reinstall the modpack several times but it did not helped. I hope someone could help me to fix this.
      https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/the-spideros-pack.1286371
      root folder.zip

EDIT:
      Only mods whose name contains (1) are correctly installed.

• By noahruesen
      I am trying to set up a new modpack for a new server i wanna set up but when i think i am done with the modpack and i try to launch it it gives this error:
      ------------------------------------------
      Error downloading a file for the following pack: (Modpack name)
      failed to download (dropbox link)
      please consult the modpack author 
      -----------------------------------------------
      .anybody got a idea what is wrong?
    • By Viper_118
      Hello, I downloaded the technic launcher and tried installing modpacks however I keep getting the follo wing message: " Error in downloading the following pack: The 1.7.10 Pack
      Failed to d ownload https://s3.amazonaws.com/minecraft.download/versions/1.7.10/1.7.10.jar  Please consult the modpack author." 
      Who is the modpack author for the  1.7.10 pack and how should I contact him? Does anybody know what I should do so i can launch and enjoy this wonderful game? Thanks 
    • By TheTechnoKing100
      I'm using the Lay of the Land mod pack. Everything was working fine until I had a power surge. After that, I could not load my game. When I try to load it, it says "Loading World, Building Terrain" then immediately crashes to desktop. Any help would be appreciated. My crash report is as follows:
      ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      // There are four lights!
      Time: 01/08/18 12:18 AM
      Description: Exception in server tick loop
      java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -8
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:26)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12)
          at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126)
          at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265)
          at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:130)
          at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:153)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- System Details --
      Details:
          Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
          Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
          Java Version: 1.8.0_181, Oracle Corporation
          Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
          Memory: 1570398040 bytes (1497 MB) / 2058354688 bytes (1963 MB) up to 2058354688 bytes (1963 MB)
          JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m
          AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
          IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 13, tallocated: 95
          FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1408 Optifine OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_B7 47 mods loaded, 47 mods active
          mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (modpack.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Forge{10.13.3.1408} [Minecraft Forge] (modpack.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CodeChickenCore{1.0.6.43} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ivtoolkit{IvToolkit} [1.2] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          MCVanillaTweaks{1.0} [Mariculture - Vanilla Tweaks] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.107} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ThaumicTinkerer-preloader{0.1} [Thaumic Tinkerer Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          battlegear2{1.7.10} [Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 - Bullseye] (1.7.10-MB_Battlegear2-Bullseye-1.0.8.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          animalsPlus{1.2} [Animals+] (animalsPlus-1.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          babyanimals{1.7.10-2} [Baby Animals Model Swapper] (BabyAnimals-1.7.10-2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          betterrecords{1.7.10-1.1.9} [Better Records] (betterrecords-1.7.10-1.1.9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Baubles{1.0.1.10} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Thaumcraft{4.2.3.5} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          betterstorage{0.13.1.126} [BetterStorage] (BetterStorage-1.7.10-0.13.1.126.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CarpentersBlocks{3.3.6} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.6 - MC 1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          chisel{2.3.10.37} [Chisel 2] (Chisel2-2.3.10.37.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CustomMainMenu{1.5} [Custom Main Menu] (CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DeadlyWorld{1.0.2} [Deadly World] (DeadlyWorld-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights{1.3.8} [Dynamic Lights] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_onFire{1.0.4} [Dynamic Lights Burning Entity Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_creepers{1.0.4} [Dynamic Lights Creeper Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_dropItems{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights EntityItem Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_entityClasses{1.0.1} [Dynamic Lights Entity Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_mobEquipment{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights Mob Equipment Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_flameArrows{1.0.0} [Dynamic Lights Fiery Arrows Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_floodLights{1.0.2} [Dynamic Lights Flood Light] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_otherPlayers{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights OtherPlayers Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_thePlayer{1.1.4} [Dynamic Lights Player Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Enchiridion{1.1} [Enchiridion] (Enchiridion-1.7.X-1.2b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          farseek{1.0.8} [Farseek] (Farseek-1.0.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          FastCraft{1.21} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ganyssurface{1.11.1} [Gany's Surface] (Ganys Surface-1.11.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          HardcoreDarkness{1.5} [Hardcore Darkness] (HardcoreDarkness-1.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          journeymap{5.0.1} [JourneyMap] (JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          LavaMonsters{2.2.1} [Lava Monsters] (LavaMonsters-1.7.10-2.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Mariculture{1.7.10-1.2.4.2a} [Mariculture] (Mariculture-Deluxe-1.7.10-1.2.4.2a.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          MariTech{1.0} [Marine Technlogy] (Mariculture-Deluxe-1.7.10-1.2.4.2a.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          harvestcraft{1.7.10g} [Pam's HarvestCraft] (Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10h.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          reccomplex{0.9.6.2} [Recurrent Complex] (RecurrentComplex-0.9.6.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Roguelike{1.3.6.3} [Roguelike Dungeons] (roguelike-1.7.10-1.3.6.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          soundfilters{0.8_for_1.7.X} [Sound Filters] (SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          SpecialMobs{3.1.1} [Special Mobs] (SpecialMobs-1.7.10-3.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          streams{0.1.4} [Streams] (Streams-0.1.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Waila{1.5.10} [Waila] (Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ThaumicTinkerer{unspecified} [Thaumic Tinkerer] (ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-164.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          witchery{0.24.1} [Witchery] (witchery-1.7.10-0.24.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
          Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
          Player Count: 0 / 8; []
          Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
          Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    • By EnderBluesGaming
      Alright, heres what's going on. I made my modpack, opened it, opened the server, used hamachi, jumped in, and i went through the creative menu to check out some of the mods, and i went to MC Heli's section and Theres no tanks in the tank menu, no  planes in the planes menu, and no helis in the heli menu. I really need help.

I put a picture below to help you guys figure it out
      -Please help, Ender