Techier

tech support
Java 64 bit is slower, even with more RAM

Question

So I have an acer Aspire V3-575G and I installed Technic to play Tekkit Classic Reborn.  I ran it with 32 bit java and it loaded in about 5 minutes and when I tried to play gave me the java out of memory error.  I installed java 64 bit and the load time increased to about 20 mins and it was mostly stuck on reloading resource packs. The game loaded up and was exceptionally laggy.  I ran default minecraft with both and the 64 bit again was much slower.  Yes I made sure to allocate more RAM to the 64 bit java.

3 answers to this question

Don't allocate more than 4GB of ram, and make sure it's using your Nvidia GPU and not the Intel one. Check your video settings too in-game and try turning off Fancy graphics and reduce the chunk view distance. 

Thanks, how do I make sure it is using nvidia gpu

5 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

Don't allocate more than 4GB of ram, and make sure it's using your Nvidia GPU and not the Intel one. Check your video settings too in-game and try turning off Fancy graphics and reduce the chunk view distance. 

How do I make sure I am using nvidia gpu

Never mind figured out that, here goes nothing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By casseve
      I don't know if this is a Java issue, but whenever I try to load up the modpack "Realm of Mianite" it says this:

https://prnt.sc/gs0yi4
    • By Babana10000
      Hi, My problem is that I cant play any modpacks on my computer after i changed to Windows 10 from Windows 8. I have 8GB of RAM and have not only the latest 64bit Java and the 1.8.0_141 64bit Java. Please Help!!! 
    • By DamnOhh
      Whenever i download the launcher and try to start it up, i get a blue spinning circle around my cursor, and then nothing. The launcher isn't starting up, there is no sign of it at all. I have the latest version of java and i have tried downloading the launcher multiple times.
    • By Spixium
      Can anyone help me figure out why I'm suddenly unable to run any minecraft modpacks?
      I set up a tekkit server which worked fine but then I realised tekkit is missing some of my favourite mods so I decided to make a big dig server instead. Except I couldn't get that to work and I tried all kinds of things to fix it. I eventually gave up and tried to play single player big dig only to find that wouldn't work either. And now tekkit and nuts and bolts and every other technic mod pack won't run even though they ran just fine yesterday! When I click play it has a loading bar but when the loading bar fills up minecraft doesn't open and the technic launcher window flashes.
      I've tried to delete everything I downloaded over the past couple of days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 64 bit java. I've checked and my PC has 16GB of RAM, most of which isn't being used. I've checked the technic launcher settings and I've allocated it 4GB of RAM  and checked that it is indeed using the 64 bit java. I've uninstalled and reinstalled minecraft. I've turned my PC off and on again lol. I'm stuck

https://pastebin.com/eAJQNFh8
    • By avtumnb
      Hi
      I used to use technic launcher all the time but i stopped for a while and i came back on a few months ago to use it and it wasn't loading the modpacks. I would download it and click play and the page would disappear for about 10 seconds then come back up and wouldn't start the modpack. I've updated java to the latest version and 64-bit. I've looked this up a lot but god damn i cannot find a solution. Please help! I will include the log below.

techniclauncher_2017-06-16.log