Pixelspark without technic launcher?

Musson

For some reason I struggle with running the technic launcher, but the regular MC launcher runs perfectly fine, I was wondering if there was a way I could play pixelspark and pixelspark servers through the regular launcher by using the same mods and forge possibly? I really want to play but can't really use the technic launcher for some reason.

Edited by Musson

Yes. I seem to have a similar problem.
I figured out a while ago a pretty effective way of doing this. The only problem is since it's a 1.10.2 pack you may need to keep updating Forge to the correct version.
(If anyone has a better way of doing this btw please do say).

- So to start click on 'modpack options' in the technic launcher and click 'open' to view the location of the modpack folder
Capture1.PNG

Go into the 'bin' folder and open 'versions' using a text editor of some sort. A line in the text file should tell you what version of forge it's currently running on.

Capture 3.PNG

Visit https://files.minecraftforge.net/. Download and run the correct installer. Now use the launch options in minecraft to change the game directory to the same directory as where the files are installed on technic (this may look slightly different if your running an older version of the launcher but the same applies). Don't select latest release 1.11.2 btw, select the correct forge install for the 'version'.

Capture2.PNG

That should work. You may have to manually re-install forge if their version of forge changes again but I doubt this will happen.

Edited by profjb