Magnets

panther!

Simple idea, (probably not easy to code though).

Iron block+copper cable (For more powerful ones, crafted with better cables, and needing more energy)= magnet (better cabled ones= mk 1,2,3). Magnets attract metal dusts, and bars towards them. Magnets could also be used as future building materials for more advanced machines.

I=Iron block

C=Copper Cable

IC

Well the dusts would have to be ferromagnetic to feel an attraction on their own. So unless you want to mix everything with iron filings (for example), this doesn't seem very practical. Minecraft obviously doesn't follow reality perfectly; however, mods trying to implement magnetism are more enjoyable if they at least try.

While the dusts part doesn't doesn't seem useful to me, I'm starting work on my own mod, and you've given me an idea. Mag Pistons: They'd work like regular pistons, except they wouldn't block the are between the bottom part of the piston and the top part (although walking through it with iron armor may be a bad plan). The distance that they pushed the other material would depend on the amount of energy you ran through it.

I don't know much about railcraft but I bet some rails could be made using the principle of magnets, as well as a handheld magnet that would help when mining. There could also be lodestone ore (very rare and high emc) which would act in the same way but not require power.

I don't know much about railcraft but I bet some rails could be made using the principle of magnets, as well as a handheld magnet that would help when mining. There could also be lodestone ore (very rare and high emc) which would act in the same way but not require power.

I don't deal with minecarts, but no, i wouldn't use the lodestone thing. Maybe as a component for something else, but not as a low-power substitute for the regular magnetic structure.

Hmm. A more challenging version of EE with particle collider could utilize magnets to create new elements. Later on I'll post a thread detailing my concept of a much more advanced system of minerals and elements that could take the place of energy condenser, which are being removed