Modpack loads in vanilla

Tfar

Exactly as the title states, my modpack loads in Vanilla.  I've narrowed down the problem, but have no idea how to fix it or why it's happening.    

Technic download info:   

NAME: Airship Warfare 

PICTURE: cow  

LINK: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tech10-lite.755661 

Dropbox Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w02akrxnl1pn5gj/AirshipWars.zip?dl=1  

MODS 

MCHeli 

Flans 

MetaWorlds 

Better FPS 

FastCraft 

The Spice of Life 

Journeymap 

Inventory Tweaks 

Treecapitator 

The Issue - and the *fix*

1. The Modpack loads in vanilla

2. I look in the folder for the modpack (Located in a file called Tech-10-Lite)

3. I delete 'modpack.jar' and replace it with forge 953 (9.11.1.953) - I do this because modpack.jar and minecraft.jar are the same size (perhaps they are the same?)

4. Load up game - it works!  17 mods loaded

This is odd, because the zip file has forge 953 (9.11.1.953) in the bin renamed modpack.jar 

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Tfar

Hello, I had a similar problem when making my modpack. But now I have successfully made it. If you can say you've done all these steps your modpack should work just fine. 

1. Make sure you have your version of forge named modpack.jar and put it in the bin folder (not modpack.jar.jar)
  2. Make sure you've changed you end of your dropbox link from =0 to =1
  3. Make sure you compress the FILES INSIDE (bin, config, mods, etc.). Select all of those folders, then press compress 5 items or whatever it says. Then you used the .zip it makes and put that in dropbox.

• 3 years later...
On 6/8/2017 at 11:17 AM, E0N said:

Hello, I had a similar problem when making my modpack. But now I have successfully made it. If you can say you've done all these steps your modpack should work just fine. 

1. Make sure you have your version of forge named modpack.jar and put it in the bin folder (not modpack.jar.jar)
  2. Make sure you've changed you end of your dropbox link from =0 to =1
  3. Make sure you compress the FILES INSIDE (bin, config, mods, etc.). Select all of those folders, then press compress 5 items or whatever it says. Then you used the .zip it makes and put that in dropbox.

Still doesnt work...