Aphmau - Minecraft Diaries + Connect to Own Server

Danny1976

My daughter wants to play the Aphmau - Minecraft Diaries + on her own server. I have setup a forge server before and I know the mods on the server have to match the mods on the client. I tried setting the forge server and copying the mods from C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\tribute-to-aphmau\mods and copying to the mods folder on the local forge server and the server will not load. I can connect to the server without the mods on the mods folder, but she cant access the Inventory.

My question is... Is it possible to run my own forge server with the same mods from Aphmau - Minecraft Diaries +? I hope I explained myself well. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Why wont forge load? Does anyone have a server running that can share with me the folder with me?

Edited by Danny1976

• Moderators

You will need to remove all client-side only mods, like damage-indicators. There may be others, I am not familiar with many of the mods in that pack. Start with that one. 

If you still need help, paste your crashlog in pastebin.com, and then put a link to that paste here. 

21 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

You will need to remove all client-side only mods, like damage-indicators. There may be others, I am not familiar with many of the mods in that pack. Start with that one. 

If you still need help, paste your crashlog in pastebin.com, and then put a link to that paste here. 

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to help me out, really appreciated. I was able to get the forge server with most of the mods. Took a screenshot of the ones I have issues with. Are all of these mods client-side only?

mods.jpg

Edited by Danny1976

41 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Liteloader and Openblocks are fine to keep in your mods folder, the other ones are either clientside only or not needed serverside.

I will try loading the mods one by one and will let you know which ones did not load.

Edited by Danny1976

1 hour ago, AetherPirate said:

Remove Damage Indicators and DurabilityShow. The others in that list should be OK.

Server opens then crashes while loading mods.
TabbyChat-1.7.10-1.11.2.2-fml
ResourceLoader-MC1.7.10-1.3
OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_D1
CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.9.2

Server will not even load.
liteloader-1.7.10.

Here are the crash reports for 3 of the mods that generated a report, since the liteloader did not load at all and OptiFine did not generate a crash report.

CustomMainMenu crash-2017-06-09_12.27.09-server.txt

tabbychat crash-2017-06-09_12.22.05-server.txt

ResourceLoader crash-2017-06-09_12.42.31-server.txt

Edited by Danny1976

2 hours ago, Danny1976 said:

Here are the crash reports for 3 of the mods that generated a report, since the liteloader did not load at all and OptiFine did not generate a crash report.

CustomMainMenu crash-2017-06-09_12.27.09-server.txt

tabbychat crash-2017-06-09_12.22.05-server.txt

ResourceLoader crash-2017-06-09_12.42.31-server.txt

Ah, sorry, never told ya that we cannot view attachments on here, that's borked. Please use pastebin.com instead.

2 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Ah, sorry, never told ya that we cannot view attachments on here, that's borked. Please use pastebin.com instead.

Its OK... Thanks for the help. I got it running without those mods and my daughter has been using it and hasn't had any issues. Thanks to you and AetherPirate for replying to my post. You guys saved me a lot of time figuring this out.

Another question: I have a read people making extra money setting up a server and getting donations. I have a 1Gigabit broadband connection up and down and I was thinking I of hosting a Minecraft server, but I am not sure if its worth setting up. I heard you need help managing the server to keep things organize. Also, configuring it so that its attractive to player. I just wanted your opinion about it.

Edited by Danny1976

1 minute ago, Danny1976 said:

Another question: I have a read people making extra money setting up a server and getting donations. I have a 1Gigabit broadband connection up and down and I was thinking I of hosting a Minecraft server, but I am not sure if its worth the setting up. I heard you need help managing the server to keep things organize. Also, configuring it so that its attractive to player. I just wanted your opinion about it.

Do you have a (dedicated) server that can run 24/7, besides restarts, and do you have the time to look into any issues that may arise while there are players online?

Besides that, if you want to make any kind of money of it, just make some pay2win pixelmon server. Kids love to steal their parents credit cards to buy more pixelmon... (aka are you able to take chargebacks?)

1 minute ago, JaariAtmc said:

Do you have a (dedicated) server that can run 24/7, besides restarts, and do you have the time to look into any issues that may arise while there are players online?

Besides that, if you want to make any kind of money of it, just make some pay2win pixelmon server. Kids love to steal their parents credit cards to buy more pixelmon... (aka are you able to take chargebacks?)

Yes, I can have the server running 24/7, unless the power goes out. I can look into issues, but I cant be online all the time. I have PayPal account, that can handle charge-backs. If the charge-backs are very constant, then I would never know if I can take out or use the money deposited to the PayPal account. I am don't want to rip people off, I am willing to charge a reasonable competitive price for the service.