MonsterKirby

Launcher doesn't load modpacks.

Question

Posted (edited)

I installed a mod-pack, and when its done installing I press play. The launcher disappears and then a couple seconds go by. Boom! Launcher shows back up, and the game doesn't load up. I've had this issue before, but kept giving up after trying to fix it. I have the latest Java, and I have it set to 2GB of ram. Any help is appreciated, please and thank you!

I didn't find a crash log file, but I found the log file. I don't know if that still helps. Here it is!

Update: I found the crash log, here is one: Crash Log!

Edited by MonsterKirby

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By H8M8
      Im getting an error when trying to download a pixelmon modpack called pixelmon reborn 5.1.4, the error says it failed to download and to consult the modpack author, ive already downloaded many other pixelmon packs so this is new to me, I've tried deleting the pack and reinstalling it multiple times and logging out of my account and back in to no avail of fixing the problem, does anyone have any suggestions to getting this to work. 
      P.S: When trying to download from the launcher it likes to show negative percent then gives me the error, maybe this info is useful
      Thanks in advance, Grant
    • By BillyTheKidd21
      Can someone please help me? I've never had this problem when I used to have Technic Launcher. I just recently downloaded it again and every time I would press play it would load and then hide the browser then open it back up. After a long while I figured out it was crashing and giving me these reports
      ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      // You should try our sister game, Minceraft! Time: 8/21/17 9:09 AM
      Description: Initializing game org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
       at bib.at(SourceFile:635)
       at bib.aq(SourceFile:458)
       at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
       at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
      A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head --
      Thread: Client thread
      Stacktrace:
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
       at bib.at(SourceFile:635)
       at bib.aq(SourceFile:458) -- Initialization --
      Details:
      Stacktrace:
       at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
       at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123) -- System Details --
      Details:
       Minecraft Version: 1.12.1
       Operating System: Windows 10 (x86) version 10.0
       Java Version: 1.8.0_144, Oracle Corporation
       Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
       Memory: 949346064 bytes (905 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
       JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
       IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
       Launched Version: 1.12.1
       LWJGL: 2.9.4
       OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
       GL Caps:
       Using VBOs: Yes
       Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
       Type: Client (map_client.txt)
       Resource Packs:
       Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
       Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
       CPU: <unknown>     Help?
    • By Lucasbling
      Hello. When I launch Tekkit Classic, it gives me a white screen instantly. I've uninstalled Technic Launcher and tried again, but to no avail. I am using Java 8, and Java 7 requires a special Oracle account to download (and it costs money). I'm sure I don't need Java 7, right? How can I fix this?

Also, if this is in the wrong spot, can someone please relocate it?
    • By not007
      Hi, I wanted to make a modpack for my friends and I to play on. It's similar to the 1.7.10 pack but with some extra stuff, so I figured it should be pretty easy. i'm hosting the files off my home server, and I've confirmed that my server's not down - you can download the ZIP file for the modpack through HTTP in a web browser, however in the technic launcher the download hangs at -2147483648%.
      [here's a screencap]

does anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? My guess would be that it's my server, though i've tried multiple hosting methods

thanks!
      also, ignore the name of the modpack, I'd made like 4 different ones to confirm that it wasn't an issue with my config or something and had run out of ideas.

edit: i forgot to mention that eventually you get
      "error downloading a file for the following pack {pack name}
      failed to download {the location of the file on my home server}
      please consult the modpack author."
    • By ivnuclearvi
      im trying to make a pixelmon server for me and my friends but when i go to load up minecraft there is a error with pixelmon dark. It says its missing a signature or something. Can anyone help?
      https://pastebin.com/cAnTa78P