Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrokenScience

Out of Memory

Question

Game Crashes within 15 minutes of starting a map, every time. It always brings up the Out of Memory screen and crashes again on trying to reload. It may be connected to the BuildCraft Creative Engine as the game seems to crash much faster when placing a few of these down with quarrys. It still crashes without these things, but takes more time (nearly 15 minutes). I have no real idea on why this happens but it makes Tekkit Legends virtually unplayable (for any amount of time longer than 15 minutes). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

If you aren't getting more than 950MB on the in-game attrib screen, you're still not using 64-bit Java.  You have to not only install it, but run the game with it.  Another clue is how much the launcher allows you to allocate.  If it doesn't go to 2 GB or above, you're still using 32-bit Java.

You probably do not have 64 bit java

In order to update to Java 64-Bit, please go to the link below and download the version for your computer. If you're using Windows, please use the version Windows Offline (64-Bit). After downloading the updated version of Java. Please click on the installer to install it. http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Afterwards, allocate more ram , try 2GB

If this does not help, pastebin a log. 

I updated Java and it helped a bit, but the game still crashes quite often. Allocating more ram to Java does not seem to have an effect on the game. I looked at the available memory using F3 to see if it made any difference there. I have 8G total on my computer but cannot get more than 950M on this screen. I can't see my computer using over 7G with nothing else running. Is allocating more ram to Java supposed to change the numbers for available memory in game visible through F3? At the moment the game bounces between using 60% and 95% of the available memory visible here.

I have also noticed a few more of the crashes no longer bring up the out of memory screen. Instead the game goes black for a second and then returns to the desktop with the launcher up.

1 hour ago, Torezu said:

Another clue is how much the launcher allows you to allocate.  If it doesn't go to 2 GB or above, you're still using 32-bit Java.

Was not aware of the Java settings inside the Technic launcher's options. Changed the allocated memory there to 2G and it seems to work fine. Originally changed the allocated memory through the Java environment settings and the launcher's settings override that.

• Similar Content

• By DragonGodOfDeath
      Ok So i hopped on here to see if anyone can give me some insight, I've been trying to fix this issue for two days for my little bother to no avail. So whenever he starts a modpack (or the vanilla minecraft launcher) it loads up but when the game is supposed to open it just closes technic (or mojangs launcher) and restarts it, ill include the log file it is not a ram issue cause i have 7 GIGS ALLOCATED. Please help thank you.
      techniclauncher_2018-07-10.log
    • By drinkmybritishtears
      I'm not sure if this is under the right topic, but-
      Ever since I updated my laptop, the Minecraft Diaries mod-pack crashes after 2/7 (Phase 1), before that it was fine and ran well. I've tried re-installing the pack and the technic launcher itself, nothing new has happened and I'm not sure what to do.
      (I'm not sure if it counts as a custom seen as i myself didn't make it, but I think it's fan-based)
      ((MOD-PACK -- https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tribute-to-aphmau.722351/about ))

• By BladefuryDev
      The Technic Launcher seems to crash every time I try to access the "Modpack Options".  Here is the error log the launcher generates after closing itself.
      Crash Log - Pastebin
      GIF of the problem
    • By DJayCubbz
      So essentially my launcher loads up the mod packs like its going to play and then immediately crashes and reopens launcher. This seems to be a common occurrence for users with certain updates of java and/or drivers that aren't updated. I double and triple-checked that my drivers are updated and java is as well. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon RX 580. I haven't been able to play since getting this pc. I have attached all the crash logs created since installing the launcher.
      This is the most recent crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      // Ooh. Shiny. Time: 4/8/18 11:12 PM
      Description: Initializing game org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:449)
       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
       at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
       at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
      A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head --
      Stacktrace:
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:449) -- Initialization --
      Details:
      Stacktrace:
       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
       at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
       at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27) -- System Details --
      Details:
       Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
       Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
       Java Version: 1.8.0_161, Oracle Corporation
       Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
       Memory: 6329469656 bytes (6036 MB) / 6442450944 bytes (6144 MB) up to 6442450944 bytes (6144 MB)
       JVM Flags: 5 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms6144m -Xmx6144m -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=4
       AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
       Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
       IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
       FML:
       Launched Version: 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965
       LWJGL: 2.9.0
       OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
       Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
       Type: Client (map_client.txt)
       Resource Pack: Default
       Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
       Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
       Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null . 
      crash-2018-04-08_20.47.24-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_20.48.15-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_21.22.23-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_21.26.52-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_22.34.21-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_22.42.59-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_22.59.26-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_23.01.11-client.txt
      crash-2018-04-08_23.12.13-client.txt
    • By Thumb
      Hi,
      I've been playing tekkit lite for quite a long time now with no issues, but as of yesterday every time I press play on the Technic Launcher, it gets to the Mojang loading screen and then freezes/crashes.
      I don't know if it helps but I've also attached the crash report, it makes no sense to me but hopefully it'll help.
      Help!
      crash-2018-04-09_15.14.34-client.txt
      never mind made a save of the world then uninstalled tekkit lite and then reinstalled it. moved my world over and it worked fine