Issues playing mod pack with extra mods

Yoshi900

Question

Hi, 

I am trying to play GT New Horizons 1.5.1.0 but I need 2 extra mods for the server (my server) so it can do auto backups etc. When I launch the it without the mods it works fine but if i add the mods into the mods folder "AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\mcnewhorizons\mods" it crashes... are you able to launch a modpack with extra mods in it? I have been working on this for many hours without luck. I have searched for the information which I cannot find :(

Others that are using Technic with the extra mods works fine. I would like to continue running these 2 extra mods for server backup as those mods work great. no please dont reply with "remove the mods from the server" 

I have also tried putting the mods in a few different locations (coremods etc.) with no luck. I feel there is an option that I am missing something like Allow custom modpacks=true. 

please help. 

EDIT: Tried running launcher "as administrator" which doesn't fix the issue.

Yoshi

techniclauncher_2017-08-15 with extra mods in the mods folder.log

Edited by Yoshi900
extra information

2 answers to this question

I will answer my own question. 

CAUSE I AM A NOOB I was downloading the incorrect version of the mod I was trying to add. 

In curse I was clicking on the green download instead of the grey once which was specific to the version in the link...

I am sooo sorry for wasting anyones time, however I created this reply so others with an issue of the launcher "crashing" can double check * 1 million their extra mods to make sure they are correct. 

I will go and hang my head in shame on how much of a IT noob I have been. 

16 hours ago, Yoshi900 said:

I am sooo sorry for wasting anyones time, however I created this reply so others with an issue of the launcher "crashing" can double check * 1 million their extra mods to make sure they are correct. 

I will go and hang my head in shame on how much of a IT noob I have been. 

IT Noob? You are one of those unicorns that IT talks about. Aka IT noobs that find out what they've been doing AND won't blame others for it.