Any way to "manually install a technic modpack?"

tsandu

I recently created a modpack with a hidden link. As of March 2017, dropbox does not allow the creation of public folders with a free account. As a result, I cannot download my modpack in the launcher. However, after a failed download, the technic launcher creates a directory for the modpack - in which i can unzip the file downloaded manually using the dropbox link. After i do this and go into the lancher, I cannot press play and start playing the mod, the button still says install. I guess what I am asking is - Is there any way to manually install a modpack?

31 minutes ago, tsandu said:

I recently created a modpack with a hidden link. As of March 2017, dropbox does not allow the creation of public folders with a free account. As a result, I cannot download my modpack in the launcher. However, after a failed download, the technic launcher creates a directory for the modpack - in which i can unzip the file downloaded manually using the dropbox link. After i do this and go into the lancher, I cannot press play and start playing the mod, the button still says install. I guess what I am asking is - Is there any way to manually install a modpack?

While there is a way, you do not actually need a public folder to share your modpack. All you need is a direct link.

In case you still want to know how to do this, there's a file in the .technic directory called "installedPacks". Open it and edit your modpack in.

4 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

While there is a way, you do not actually need a public folder to share your modpack. All you need is a direct link.

In case you still want to know how to do this, there's a file in the .technic directory called "installedPacks". Open it and edit your modpack in.

Thanks I'll try it out. Probably didnt know what i was talking about with the dropbox issue but i stil cant get it to install and thats a whole seperate topic. Thanks again