Shazzer

mac
Please help. Mac Launcher Issues

Question

Ho guys. Ive been trying to install this for days. I have JDK 8 and JRE 9 and the most recent mac os java installed and have my firewall off. I then download the launcher and open the file. i then get the logo come up with the install load bar for about 1 second and then it changes to only the logo and freezes forever. Please help. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I encounter the very same issue. Attached you can find the logs (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class)

Thanks a lot!

[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [INFO] OS: mac os x
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [INFO] Identified as osx
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at net.technicpack.launcher.LauncherMain.startLauncher(LauncherMain.java:299)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] 	at net.technicpack.launcher.LauncherMain.main(LauncherMain.java:194)
[B#353] 2017/10/07 12:48:16 [SEVERE] Unhandled Exception in Thread[main,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.technicpack.launcher.LauncherMain.startLauncher(LauncherMain.java:299)
	at net.technicpack.launcher.LauncherMain.main(LauncherMain.java:194)

Both of you should remove Java 9. It is too new, and doesn't work with the launcher (and especially not with Forge) yet.

4 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Both of you should remove Java 9. It is too new, and doesn't work with the launcher (and especially not with Forge) yet.

This  worked! Thankj you i can finally play haha

On 10/7/2017 at 7:06 PM, Shazzer said:

This  worked! Thankj you i can finally play haha

On 10/7/2017 at 2:39 PM, JaariAtmc said:

Which Should I Downgrade it to? And How Do I Remove Java 9??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DarokPichu
      my skin dosent show in game but show on the launcher can you help me 
    • By Viper_118
      Hello, I downloaded the technic launcher and tried installing modpacks however I keep getting the follo wing message: " Error in downloading the following pack: The 1.7.10 Pack
      Failed to d ownload https://s3.amazonaws.com/minecraft.download/versions/1.7.10/1.7.10.jar  Please consult the modpack author." 
      Who is the modpack author for the  1.7.10 pack and how should I contact him? Does anybody know what I should do so i can launch and enjoy this wonderful game? Thanks 
    • By TheTechnoKing100
      I'm using the Lay of the Land mod pack. Everything was working fine until I had a power surge. After that, I could not load my game. When I try to load it, it says "Loading World, Building Terrain" then immediately crashes to desktop. Any help would be appreciated. My crash report is as follows:
      ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      // There are four lights!
      Time: 01/08/18 12:18 AM
      Description: Exception in server tick loop
      java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -8
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:26)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862)
          at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:344)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302)
          at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12)
          at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126)
          at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265)
          at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:130)
          at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:153)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- System Details --
      Details:
          Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
          Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
          Java Version: 1.8.0_181, Oracle Corporation
          Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
          Memory: 1570398040 bytes (1497 MB) / 2058354688 bytes (1963 MB) up to 2058354688 bytes (1963 MB)
          JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m
          AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
          IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 13, tallocated: 95
          FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1408 Optifine OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_B7 47 mods loaded, 47 mods active
          mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (modpack.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Forge{10.13.3.1408} [Minecraft Forge] (modpack.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CodeChickenCore{1.0.6.43} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ivtoolkit{IvToolkit} [1.2] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          MCVanillaTweaks{1.0} [Mariculture - Vanilla Tweaks] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.107} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ThaumicTinkerer-preloader{0.1} [Thaumic Tinkerer Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          battlegear2{1.7.10} [Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 - Bullseye] (1.7.10-MB_Battlegear2-Bullseye-1.0.8.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          animalsPlus{1.2} [Animals+] (animalsPlus-1.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          babyanimals{1.7.10-2} [Baby Animals Model Swapper] (BabyAnimals-1.7.10-2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          betterrecords{1.7.10-1.1.9} [Better Records] (betterrecords-1.7.10-1.1.9.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Baubles{1.0.1.10} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Thaumcraft{4.2.3.5} [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          betterstorage{0.13.1.126} [BetterStorage] (BetterStorage-1.7.10-0.13.1.126.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CarpentersBlocks{3.3.6} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.6 - MC 1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          chisel{2.3.10.37} [Chisel 2] (Chisel2-2.3.10.37.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          CustomMainMenu{1.5} [Custom Main Menu] (CustomMainMenu-MC1.7.10-1.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DeadlyWorld{1.0.2} [Deadly World] (DeadlyWorld-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights{1.3.8} [Dynamic Lights] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_onFire{1.0.4} [Dynamic Lights Burning Entity Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_creepers{1.0.4} [Dynamic Lights Creeper Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_dropItems{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights EntityItem Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_entityClasses{1.0.1} [Dynamic Lights Entity Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_mobEquipment{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights Mob Equipment Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_flameArrows{1.0.0} [Dynamic Lights Fiery Arrows Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_floodLights{1.0.2} [Dynamic Lights Flood Light] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_otherPlayers{1.0.8} [Dynamic Lights OtherPlayers Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          DynamicLights_thePlayer{1.1.4} [Dynamic Lights Player Light Module] (DynamicLights-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Enchiridion{1.1} [Enchiridion] (Enchiridion-1.7.X-1.2b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          farseek{1.0.8} [Farseek] (Farseek-1.0.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          FastCraft{1.21} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.21.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ganyssurface{1.11.1} [Gany's Surface] (Ganys Surface-1.11.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          HardcoreDarkness{1.5} [Hardcore Darkness] (HardcoreDarkness-1.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          journeymap{5.0.1} [JourneyMap] (JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          LavaMonsters{2.2.1} [Lava Monsters] (LavaMonsters-1.7.10-2.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Mariculture{1.7.10-1.2.4.2a} [Mariculture] (Mariculture-Deluxe-1.7.10-1.2.4.2a.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          MariTech{1.0} [Marine Technlogy] (Mariculture-Deluxe-1.7.10-1.2.4.2a.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          harvestcraft{1.7.10g} [Pam's HarvestCraft] (Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10h.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          reccomplex{0.9.6.2} [Recurrent Complex] (RecurrentComplex-0.9.6.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Roguelike{1.3.6.3} [Roguelike Dungeons] (roguelike-1.7.10-1.3.6.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          soundfilters{0.8_for_1.7.X} [Sound Filters] (SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          SpecialMobs{3.1.1} [Special Mobs] (SpecialMobs-1.7.10-3.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          streams{0.1.4} [Streams] (Streams-0.1.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Waila{1.5.10} [Waila] (Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          ThaumicTinkerer{unspecified} [Thaumic Tinkerer] (ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-164.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          witchery{0.24.1} [Witchery] (witchery-1.7.10-0.24.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available
          Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
          Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
          Player Count: 0 / 8; []
          Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
          Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    • By DebbyDIIAB
      I recently made my own modpack, Mining in Mass, which I had a couple of problems with, but eventually managed to fix, and it works perfectly well. I went on to build another modpack, The Debby Pack, but this time the problem is unsolved by the same method. The problem is that when I try to initially download the modpack, it cycles through 1 to 99% downloading a file named "the-debby-case-1.0.zip" three times, before giving me the message:
      Error downloading a file for the following pack: The Debby Pack
      Failed to download https://www.dropbox.com/s/64b91nscwy9s65w/The Debby Pack.zip?dl=1
      Please consult the modpack author.
      The link works perfectly well, and I have tried many iterations of it, such as replacing the "www.dropbox" with "dl.dropboxusercontent", andnothing has worked. Other than the mods and configs, it is exactly the same in every way to how I uploaded it and structured the files to Mining in Mass, which works perfectly well. I just don't understand what is wrong with how I've set this up, any help would be appreciated.