TechnicPissingMeOff

Can you fix your launcher please?

Question

So 2 days ago i downloaded, and played Crazy Craft on the Technic Launcher. Played fine, i got off, and now today i want to play again. After having to download the installer which for some reason is the only way to launch the Application (nice going), i finally tried to play Crazy Craft again. I click "Play" and bam some message is telling me I'm only using 1gb of ram. So i knew how to fix this, just go to the Java settings in the Launcher and allocate some ram. When i had played 2 days ago i had allocated 6gb of Ram. And now the maximum is only 1gb. After about an hour of googling I'm very lost. Some people said you don't have the right version of Java, or some bs like that. Well it worked 2 days ago and i haven't done anything since to even slightly mess with Java. So if you could fix your launcher so i can play, or just make it so you don't have to select an amount of ram to bestow upon the modpacks that would be great. I honestly don't even know why there's not already an option to say "Hey i have a nice computer, use as much ram as you need so i can play the modpack with 60 fps baby."

I'd add pictures to prove i have java, but there's a "max total size" of 0.49MB. Text files easily get bigger than that lmao. And it won't let you add in imgur links either :)!

Also i can allocate 7gb of ram in the Curse Launcher so yeah.

Edited by TechnicPissingMeOff

2 answers to this question

This is a PEBKAC issue.
1) If you saved the downloaded file, you wouldn't need to download it again. The "installer" is the launcher.
2) Somehow you managed to uninstall your 64 bit Java and installed 32 bit.
Actually 2) Are you still on the same computer? No, seriously. Are you? All your issues seem to stem from not being on the same computer as the first time.

"Hey i have a nice computer, use as much ram as you need so i can play the modpack with 60 fps baby."

That's actually a horrible thing, because Minecraft is incredibly bad at using RAM. The more RAM you allocate, the more RAM Minecraft can use, the more RAM it needs to clean... which Minecraft is bad at. This mean you're going to lag to shit.