airwaffle

Recovery of technic account (lost 2fa device w/ authenticator)

1 post in this topic

So a year or so back I lost my main device, with the Google Authenticator app. At that time I thought it wasn't such a bad issue, as I thought I had a 'recovery' code. Anyway, fast forward to about a month ago, I discovered that out of all my dozens of codes, none of them work with Technic.

Is there any way I can remove 2fa from my account? I have access to my email, and the server where the modpack files are hosted. My modpacks on file are "This contains trains", and/or "Modified Shovel". I also have the original login details to both technic and minecraft, if that is of any verification use.

Note that my current username does not match the one that I used during the use of my technic account.

If I need to provide any additional proof of ownership, please let me know. Any help appreciated

Edited by airwaffle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Atomiklan
      Please someone from Technic help us recover our modpacks. I am the creator/admin for our three modpacks. My account was setup with 2FA. Long story short, moved to new phone. I thought the old 2FA app was still on the old phone but when I went to power it on tonight, it seems the old phone got reset. I know I wrote down the recovery codes as I have a place that I store all my other 2FA stuff, but for some reason my backup codes are not there. I can't imagine I got careless and decided to do it later, but I guess that's what happened. As a result I am completely locked out. I am going to keep searching all my digital files to find the recovery key, but I am loosing hope. I must have put it in some random txt document for permanent storage later. Can a moderator or Technic admin PLEASE help us. I can provide all the proof necessary to show I am the original and current account holder. Perhaps @Munaus can help? Please, we are desperate to recover all the work we have done. Can 2FA be disabled so I can log back into the account? Thank you!
    • By ALazyDope
      The gist of things; phone died, got replaced, used Google Authenticator, no backup of 2FA which is odd for a google product. Now I'm stuck as I've forgotten the Verification Code as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      User: MalePeridot
      Proof:

• By Milchi
      I have a Technic account, named : Milchkarl. After a long time, I wanted my update modpack. So I tried to log in at the website. 
      1. Problem: I forgot my password and if I click reset and write my email, nothing comes. No recieve.
      2. Problem: My phone got resettet a long time ago so i dont have my 2fa code and so if I knew my password, I wouldnt be even able to log in.
      3. Problem: If i try to remove the tf2 authentication, I need the recovery code, which was deleted when my phone got resettet
       Pls help.
    • By TehPr3p
      Hello, there is a problem with the launcher where it asks for the username and password for your mine craft... But i bought mine craft with my mojang account and it won't let me put an @ symble in it. If someone could fix it that would be great, thanks  
      -TehPr3p
    • By marknycgaming
      Hey! I know some people like me struggled with getting Minecraft Premium, and you don't want to bother your parent's wallet for whatever reason it may be. It did take a while but I finally got myself a Minecraft giftcard and redeemed it! I'm sharing this because I know other people are using cracked Minecraft and are longing for the real version... like I did. NO, this is not spam! I just know what it feels like! Here if you want to register; its completely legal, free, and timeless.

click here to sign up at kittenwar.com!

yes, I know it looks like those scams but its not! please don't delete this thread I jsut want to get the word out!

proof i am not doing it for my benefit @[email protected]