So I was looking around a certain website...

UKSp0ng3

Well, many of you may be aware of the subdomain for minecraft.net which is assets.minecraft.net

Many of you know this because it's where the jars are stored.

But after I dug deep for abit, I found out it wasn't just jars.

http://assets.minecraft.net/Barney---You're-a-Douchebag.jpg

Like seriously - wtf?

There's also an archive called 'tominecon' - last updated on 8th August 2012 (don't ask how I know this). However, it's password protected, so don't bother. I guess it's what they downloaded on the computer at Minecon to get the files they needed.

http://assets.minecraft.net/tominecon.7z

Hmm. I wonder if anyone has actually searched this site abit?

7z files don't use a very good password protection scheme from what I have heard. Brute force them or see if you can find a ripper.

Also, the XML structure there is kind of interesting, it basically just outlines everything, the MD5s, the owner, and the URL. Not to mention date last modified. You could probably dig up some interesting shit from there. It would be interesting if somebody could write a program that would take the stuff from there and put it into working links with titles automagically. I have found some interesting things already. Did you know that you can still download working 1.2.5 minecraft jars from there? (not giving links to avoid yo ho ho and a bottle of rum) There are also a couple of "full builds" (not snapshots) of minecraft there that shouldn't exist. Like 1.4.1.

EDIT: found where the cape script for mojang draws it's texture from:

also, possibly an early copy of MC for the rasberry pi? I don't own one so I can't test: http://assets.minecraft.net/pi/minecraft-pi-0.1.tar.gz (never mind, comes back with an access denied. They must really want that under wraps.)

something else weird I found: http://assets.minecraft.net/unstitcher/unstitcher.jar

I don't have a texture pack on this computer to test it, anybody know what it does?

There is also a link to minecraft build "rc2" anybody have any idea what that could mean?

something else weird I found: http://assets.minecraft.net/unstitcher/unstitcher.jar

I don't have a texture pack on this computer to test it, anybody know what it does?

It takes the terrain.png and items.png and breaks them up into individual texture images, and leaves the base .png's behind, minus all the textures removed (ie terrain.png still has breaking animation, water, lava, fire, and whats left of the old chest). Useful for people looking to edit the textures one at a time rather than all on the terrain/items.png

It takes the terrain.png and items.png and breaks them up into individual texture images, and leaves the base .png's behind, minus all the textures removed (ie terrain.png still has breaking animation, water, lava, fire, and whats left of the old chest). Useful for people looking to edit the textures one at a time rather than all on the terrain/items.png

That would be insanely useful.

So I crawled the subdomain and I located all the files and folders currently inside.

I wont link them because of certain rules, but the current directories and files found:

minecraft_version/minecraft.jar - Minecraft.jar for that version

minecraft_version/minecraftserver.jar - MinecraftServer.jar for that version

minecraft_version/minecraftserver.exe - MinecraftServer.exe for that version

(where 'minecraft_version' replace with the version (etc 1_2_5, 1_3, 12w40a, rc2)

dump/bitmap.ttf - Minecraft in-game text font

pe/minecraftpe.apk - Android version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition

pe/mcpe01_canada.apk - ??? - Guessing it's the Canadian version of MC: PE?

pe/xperia_icon_moregames.png - Minecraft: Pocket Edition app icon

pe/xperia_rssold.xml - ???

unstitcher/unstitcher.jar - ??? -

.../Barney---You're-a-Douchebag.jpeg - jpeg picture of Barney saying 'You're a Douchebag'.../deco_test.png - ??? - Minecraft decoration test?

.../mclogo.eps - Minecraft logo

.../Morre.png - Mojang in-game cape

.../sopa.jpeg - Image used when all Mojang sites were taken down to protest against SOPA

.../tominecon.7z - Archive - Password protected

That's consistent with information about the Redstone Update.

EDIT: According to GoogleTranslate, Dutch "morre" means "having fun".