ALazyDope

Lost 2FA and my Recovery Code

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The gist of things; phone died, got replaced, used Google Authenticator, no backup of 2FA which is odd for a google product. Now I'm stuck as I've forgotten the Verification Code as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
User: MalePeridot
Proof:

proof.png.ff6fb2be92e5963bbaf45dbd96d703f9.jpg

Edited by ALazyDope

Considering that you lost your 2FA code and recovery code, you are boned. We cannot magically get your 2FA code or remove it. If it was that simple, why even bother with that security if it can be bypassed that easily?

Posted (edited)

I don't really care about the account any more but if I need to create a new account I can't use my email again

Not even any other method of verification though?

Edited by ALazyDope

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Atomiklan
      Please someone from Technic help us recover our modpacks. I am the creator/admin for our three modpacks. My account was setup with 2FA. Long story short, moved to new phone. I thought the old 2FA app was still on the old phone but when I went to power it on tonight, it seems the old phone got reset. I know I wrote down the recovery codes as I have a place that I store all my other 2FA stuff, but for some reason my backup codes are not there. I can't imagine I got careless and decided to do it later, but I guess that's what happened. As a result I am completely locked out. I am going to keep searching all my digital files to find the recovery key, but I am loosing hope. I must have put it in some random txt document for permanent storage later. Can a moderator or Technic admin PLEASE help us. I can provide all the proof necessary to show I am the original and current account holder. Perhaps @Munaus can help? Please, we are desperate to recover all the work we have done. Can 2FA be disabled so I can log back into the account? Thank you!
    • By airwaffle
      So a year or so back I lost my main device, with the Google Authenticator app. At that time I thought it wasn't such a bad issue, as I thought I had a 'recovery' code. Anyway, fast forward to about a month ago, I discovered that out of all my dozens of codes, none of them work with Technic.
      Is there any way I can remove 2fa from my account? I have access to my email, and the server where the modpack files are hosted. My modpacks on file are "This contains trains", and/or "Modified Shovel". I also have the original login details to both technic and minecraft, if that is of any verification use.
      Note that my current username does not match the one that I used during the use of my technic account.
      If I need to provide any additional proof of ownership, please let me know. Any help appreciated