Question

I installed JDK 10, and also installed the launcher on Mac.  Whenever I try and open the launcher, the logo just stays on my screen and does nothing.  I am new to this so please help me figure it out.

4 answers to this question

On 24-3-2018 at 2:49 AM, TheTimSosa said:

I installed JDK 10, and also installed the launcher on Mac.  Whenever I try and open the launcher, the logo just stays on my screen and does nothing.  I am new to this so please help me figure it out.

What made you think that installing JDK 10 is a good idea?

java 8 is the recommended version, java 9 and up is not compatible with Forge.

Edit. this belongs in Bug Reports. Moved

This same thing happened to me, but I have absolutely no idea what JDK 10 is. Please, someone, help us!!!

if you do not have java 9 or 10, then you do NOT have the same issue. Do not bump an old bug report. Make your own

Issue locked

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By KitKatz
      Ok so i thought i was my computer then i see other people are having the same problem when i load technic launcher its just stuck on the logo i cant do anything about it and i really want to do a modpack with a friend is there a way to fix this?
    • By viperaxes
      Hello! 
      So I have used technic for years on computer to computer. Currently I'm on an ASUS windows 10 laptop. Lately I have been wanting to use the launcher to play hexxit, tekkit, etc.... But for a couple hours I have ran into a HUGE roadblock.
      Every time I load up the launcher and proceed to run tekkit or something the launcher will close and proceed to launch the modpack (as it should) but it just remains at a white screen. Sometimes the modpacks wont load at all! This will happen with the Minecraft launcher as well, I go to load Minecraft and it either closes or crashes. furthermore the Feed The Beast launcher will do the same as well. honestly this is getting on my nerves!
      For the past couple hours I have searched far and wide for a solution. YouTube, this forum, reddit, google search, redownloading, downloading different java software, updating my drivers, and so on. apparently 3 years back people were having the same problems as me but they managed to fix there's. I don't understand what I am missing or failing to understand.
      If there is any one out there who can help me? do not hesitate to respond! I will gladly co operate in any way necessary!
      Get back to me as soon as possible!
    • By adamcool4
      So I was making a server (as you do) and everything was fine and dandy until I went onto it with mods, server doesn't crash, but my modpack does!
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8fl88fw8uzjebg/crash-2018-11-02_21.33.07-client.txt?dl=1
    • By ItzBoris
      Hello everyone.I recently bought minecraft and I decided to download technic launcher.I opened it,selected a folder and nothing happened.I tried serval times and different folders and still.Waited like 10-15 minutes.On my C drive I have only 10GB space left so I tried downloading it on an USB with 29GB and on my D drive with 530GB left.I opened the tank manager and it only showed a working java process and it wasn’t minecraft.Thank you!