Question

I installed JDK 10, and also installed the launcher on Mac.  Whenever I try and open the launcher, the logo just stays on my screen and does nothing.  I am new to this so please help me figure it out.

4 answers to this question

On 24-3-2018 at 2:49 AM, TheTimSosa said:

I installed JDK 10, and also installed the launcher on Mac.  Whenever I try and open the launcher, the logo just stays on my screen and does nothing.  I am new to this so please help me figure it out.

What made you think that installing JDK 10 is a good idea?

java 8 is the recommended version, java 9 and up is not compatible with Forge.

Edit. this belongs in Bug Reports. Moved

This same thing happened to me, but I have absolutely no idea what JDK 10 is. Please, someone, help us!!!

if you do not have java 9 or 10, then you do NOT have the same issue. Do not bump an old bug report. Make your own

Issue locked

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By 1Modpacks1
      Every time I try to launch the Technic Launcher and log in, I get this message:
      "This Mojang account has no purchased copies of Minecraft attached."...
      When I actually DO have a purchased copy, and I have migrated to a Mojang account!
      This is really annoying as I want to play modpacks.
      Guys, I need your help.

• By bigtruck35
      I've been trying to get technic to run on my computer for a couple months on and off, for some reason I can never get the .exe file downloaded off the platform to run. I've tried messing with Java and my own computer settings some but I can't find the issue. I also tried checking the FAQs to see if it was there bud found nothing. Here are my computer specs:
      Asus Vivobook Pro
      Windows 10
      Intel Core i7-67000HQ CPU - 2.60GHz
      8.00 GB RAM
      Any help would be amazing, 
      Thanks, Bigtruck35

• By Crystogon
      So I've been trying to open the technic launcher but it won't load past the logo.

• By ZontY_
      Hello, i wanted to change my name at technic platform, because i created it 2 years ago and i don't like the name anymore and also i have changed it in MC. If there is any way to change it, i'll be happy
      My name at Technic P. is: "KinatorCzEofficial" and i want to change it to "ZontY_"

• By Gigio
      Afterhours installino my modpacks i click play but minecraft doesn’t open... pls help