kurtsteel

Server Hosting Error

3 posts in this topic

I am currently trying to host my own server for 'the 1.7.10 pack' and having a few issues one after the other, I've followed many tutorials and such but still no luck. This is the current error I'm getting on my console.

OS is 64
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in 8.0
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
... 6 more
Press any key to continue . . .

I can open the server and connect to it, the mods load but the mods contents are unusable... if I place a block down it instantly disappears and removes from it my inventory and also doesn't let me take items from NEI. Any help would be much appreciated, if more information is needed then please just ask.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PicoMiko
      Hello everyone
      I have been trying to make a Tekkit server but I have seem to run into a problem
      Whenever I run the "launch.bat" file, I get an error from the CMD that goes something along the lines of this:
      A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
              at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
              at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader
              at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:33)
              at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
              ... 6 more

Does anyone know the solution to this? I would really appreciate it!
    • By OneBeaneyBoy
      Hey guys! I could really use someone who knows how to look at java files well. I have this problem with my modpack file. Whenever I attempt to load the latest version of my modpack, it displays an error message stating:
      Forge mod loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation the mods and versions listed below could not be found
      Forge : minimum version required is 10.13.4.1614
      I was able to get the modpack working in previous versions of my modpack with less mods. I'm sure that there are simply just mod conflicts although I do not know how to tell which ones are not working. Thanks for anyone who helps

Modpack zip file
      Modpack name is: 038126
      Crash report file

• By CrazyAmphibian
      i updated my java to SE 10 (64 bit) and now whenever i try running a modpack with the newer version, the platform never launches it. when i go the the default java version, everything works fine (except the low memory).

• By iNeedMyTurrets
      Hello, i had problems when i was using 32bit java on my technic launcher, so i downloaded 64bit java but when i want play modpack now, it says checking minecraft assets, then there is moment when the modpack should start but instead of it the technic launcher shows again without any error report. i dont really understand these java versions and that, but the 32bit java was 1.8 and this 64bit java is 1.7 but it says its max updated. please help me somehow
      this screenshot may help someone who wants to help me

• By Catmallow
      Here's the deal. When I launch the technic launcher, the discover tab says "the discover page is currently unavailable." The news are also blank. Finally, the default modpacks are there. However, their icon is grey cube icon (possibly the default icon), I can't see any likes, dislikes, etc. And I can't install or launch anything. The search button doesn't allow anything to appear, even from a letter. I currently have 64 bit java installed and am using Windows 10. I'm also able to connect to minecraft.net, so that's not the issue. Running as administrator only reveals the same result. 
      Here's my pastebin. I noticed the typical error 403 with java. Sorry I couldn't use all of it, seeing as I don't want to pay money for pro. It also says that several files don't exist, which is really strange to me.
      https://pastebin.com/5VDYZ24m
      P.S. I downloaded the launcher today, so I know it's up to date.