TheHedgehoge

No in-game sounds in any modpack (currently using Big Dig)

Question

A few hours ago I created a Big Dig server for me and a few friends to play on. After installing the modpack 3/4 of my friends (including me) could not hear any sounds with in the game. I have attempted to reinstall the modpack multiple times, to no avail. So help with fixing this would be appreciated. 

5 answers to this question

15 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

"In any modpack". I love these descriptions because it means people haven't even bothered to try other modpacks. Like Attack of the Bteam.

Anyways: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/WEB-1004 

Thanks for the response, but I don't understand why you sent this link as it doesn't help me fix my issue. It seems any packs that use versions older that 1.6 don't download sound files. 

If you had bothered to read the link provided thoroughly, you would know that the bug report is labeled as Working as Intended by Mojang moderators. They removed the sound files. We cannot fix that isn't broken

3 minutes ago, Munaus said:

If you had bothered to read the link provided thoroughly, you would know that the bug report is labeled as Working as Intended by Mojang moderators. They removed the sound files. We cannot fix that isn't broken

18 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

"In any modpack". I love these descriptions because it means people haven't even bothered to try other modpacks. Like Attack of the Bteam.

Anyways: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/WEB-1004 

I managed resolve our issue by finding the sound files online. Thanks for the passive-aggressive replies, wont be using this forum again.

busy with work so I didn't have time to respond in time. I will leave these words for any readers in the future:

It would be so simple for Technic to just post the minecraft sound files here, in public. I have even been approached by a helpful samaritan who offered to host and share it.

But as my friends and staff in Technic informed me, it's not that simple. Mojang removing the files doesn't mean they still don't own it. Distributing Minecraft assets is illegal, copyright and all that.

So when I said we can't fix it, I really meant it. We can't

Hedgehog and everyone else playing these packs with MC versions 1.6 and older will be without sounds and skins.

Your solution is to have a friend who has played the packs or the similar vanilla MC versions 2-3 months prior to Mojang removing them and asking that friend for the resource files.

Of course you can do the less recommended way and find the files online from whomever and whatever site. If you like to live in the danger zone.

So in short; the link that Jaari provided will not help you fix the problem, no. Because Mojang caused it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DarokPichu
      my skin dosent show in game but show on the launcher can you help me 
    • By 678GUY
      So i made a modpack uploaded it, downloaded it using technic and there is no minecraft sound, i checked the modpack folder and there is nothing, is there a fix for it?.
      (Minecraft 1.12.2)
    • By sliggybiggy
      So I created a 1.7.10 kitchen sink pack. It is 60mb and worked when I was play testing it from my mc launcher with forge. Now that I compressed it into a modpack, when I download it from the technic launcher, it just starts 1.7.10 without any of the mods installed. 
      I don't know what to do.
      Here's a link to the modpack page: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/sickcoolradpack.1285145
      Here's the download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9phcgq2z1cf9lfn/sickcoolradpack.zip

Please help!
    • By hash_ix
      Hey,
      I recently downloaded aotbt latest version and also the recommended option on the technic launcher, I managed to update my java and sort out the ram issue however when I load the game up it instantly shows Minecraft v1.6.4 and not 1.0.12 which is what I downloaded. This also prevents me and my friends from joining the apex server we bought becasue they're having the same issue.
    • By Zerg2K
      So when i launch a minecraft modpack (any pack) i get this error 

[10:53:01] [main/INFO]: Setting user: Zerg2K [10:53:07] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.1 [10:53:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't set pixel format org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757) ~[lwjgl-2.9.1.jar:?] at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.createDisplay(ForgeHooksClient.java:327) ~[ForgeHooksClient.class:?] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:432) [bao.class:?] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878) [bao.class:?] at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_181] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?] I know what this error means (usually means update your drivers) but if it was a driver problem i would not be able to launch minecraft at all but on the default minecraft launcher i can use any version including forge but i have tried updating drivers to no avail. Anyone know how to fix this?