No in-game sounds in any modpack (currently using Big Dig)

TheHedgehoge

Question

A few hours ago I created a Big Dig server for me and a few friends to play on. After installing the modpack 3/4 of my friends (including me) could not hear any sounds with in the game. I have attempted to reinstall the modpack multiple times, to no avail. So help with fixing this would be appreciated. 

8 answers to this question

15 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

"In any modpack". I love these descriptions because it means people haven't even bothered to try other modpacks. Like Attack of the Bteam.

Anyways: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/WEB-1004 

Thanks for the response, but I don't understand why you sent this link as it doesn't help me fix my issue. It seems any packs that use versions older that 1.6 don't download sound files. 

• Moderators

If you had bothered to read the link provided thoroughly, you would know that the bug report is labeled as Working as Intended by Mojang moderators. They removed the sound files. We cannot fix that isn't broken

3 minutes ago, Munaus said:

If you had bothered to read the link provided thoroughly, you would know that the bug report is labeled as Working as Intended by Mojang moderators. They removed the sound files. We cannot fix that isn't broken

18 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

"In any modpack". I love these descriptions because it means people haven't even bothered to try other modpacks. Like Attack of the Bteam.

Anyways: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/WEB-1004 

I managed resolve our issue by finding the sound files online. Thanks for the passive-aggressive replies, wont be using this forum again.

• Moderators

busy with work so I didn't have time to respond in time. I will leave these words for any readers in the future:

It would be so simple for Technic to just post the minecraft sound files here, in public. I have even been approached by a helpful samaritan who offered to host and share it.

But as my friends and staff in Technic informed me, it's not that simple. Mojang removing the files doesn't mean they still don't own it. Distributing Minecraft assets is illegal, copyright and all that.

So when I said we can't fix it, I really meant it. We can't

Hedgehog and everyone else playing these packs with MC versions 1.6 and older will be without sounds and skins.

Your solution is to have a friend who has played the packs or the similar vanilla MC versions 2-3 months prior to Mojang removing them and asking that friend for the resource files.

Of course you can do the less recommended way and find the files online from whomever and whatever site. If you like to live in the danger zone.

So in short; the link that Jaari provided will not help you fix the problem, no. Because Mojang caused it