3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im Having a lag issue with tekxit getting 1-10 fps. im running 15 chunks with other settings turned down! i allocated 4 gb of ram and it ever only uses 40% of it(tried 2.5gb and made no difference), i have 64 java 8 and havent added extra mods to it. Logs available on request. Help appreciated!
Specs:
windows 10 64bit
fx-9830p 2.6ghz-3ghz
rx 550 4gb
8gb ddr4 ram
Acer Nitro 5!

Edited by MindTheAxe
added info

First of all, 15 chunks is an excessive render distance. Try turning it down to 10 if you still want that high render distance. If you haven't already, turn off VSync in your graphics settings. If you get weird white flashing lines after, then turn it back on. If not, then leave it off, because it will speed up your frame rate a surprising bit. Turn down all settings to minimum, minimal particles, clouds off, etc if you haven't. If you're using a resource pack, turn it off. If you're using shaders, definitely turn those off. Also, i'm assuming your CPU is multi-core and supports hyper threading. You don't need to know what this means, except that Minecraft can't use your CPU to its full potential. Try installing optifine in the modpack if it's not already there, it lets your Minecraft use more CPU cores. Hope this helps!

this is not a discussion about the official Tekkit modpack. Custom packs have their own section

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By 19Echo
      Right now it is in it's early stages of development but I am hoping to grow it into what Tekkit Classic was!
      I know there are "updated tekkit packs" but they all add in extra mods. I just wanted to play Tekkit how it was in the old days.
      Right now I am using the updated version if Industrial Craft 2 but I can and will change it to the Classic Remake of it if you guys want me to seeing as I am making it for this community.
      I want you guys to help test it and tell me what recipes should be changed to fit what classic was going for.
      I have all the mods from Tekkit Classic except for the one or two that is not available anymore and I also have some recreations of the Old mods.
      ProjectE is in this pack and I have never actually messed with the mod myself but I hear it is more OP than EE2. I will configure the mod to better fit EE2 in the future though with your guys help!
      Please let me know what some changes that you feel should be made and I will look into it!
      Old School Redux: DOWNLOAD
      Old School Redux Sphax Patch (x64): DOWNLOAD
      Join the Discord server for Updates and to report bugs!
      Old School Redux Discord Server: https://discord.gg/wKaSnRN
    • By Crystogon
      So I've been trying to open the technic launcher but it won't load past the logo.

• By Lukato
      When I click on play the launcher starts to load, but after its done it just says again play.
      Can anybody tell me how to fix this?
    • By AheadGraph
      Hi, i've been playing for about two weeks on this server and i've never changed anything to it in the settings. Since about a day or two ago my server kept crashing at random times i'm not sure if the world is corrupt or some of the mods aren't working properly.
      crash logs: https://pastebin.com/EDisNC6K