Java Trojan Generic GB 22424

PulseM

Question

So, today my antivirus, Bitdefender, detected two trojans from the .technic folder in app data.  The route was App Data\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\captainsparklez-survival-pack\cache\spongeforge-1.12.zip and App Data\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\captainsparklez-survival-pack\bin\modpack.jar.  I'm wondering if these were false positives since I haven't touched or downloaded anything from technic for more than a month.  Also, I scan my pc a lot, and it's been clean until today.

Capture3.PNG

Edited by PulseM

4 answers to this question

• Moderators

I've linked this to our Discord. I or another trusted user may come back if we find something

Edit. could you link the modpack in question? I'm fairly certain there are plenty of captain sparklez packs on platform

44 minutes ago, Pyker said:

I checked, and it's a false-positive. The file flagged is Minecraft Forge 1.12.2-14.23.1.2555

3 hours ago, Munaus said:

I've linked this to our Discord. I or another trusted user may come back if we find something

Edit. could you link the modpack in question? I'm fairly certain there are plenty of captain sparklez packs on platform

Thank you, I was worried and was wondering why my av hasn’t detected this for over a month.  Any chance you can explain the files do that might make my av, Bitdefender, seem it as a Trojan?