afchlam

Custom Modpack Server | Cannot spawn, place, or use any modded items

19 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have started a custom mod pack with these mods and whenever I load into the server I cannot craft or spawn non-vanilla objects and only vanilla mobs spawn. I have the gravestone mod installed, yet on death, I drop all items and no gravestones appear. Despite this, I can use NotEnoughItems for recipes and all items show up, vanilla and modded, when I use the /give command I cannot TAB and get other mod items through that. Whenever I attempt to spawn in a non-modded item it gives the error 'Item XXXX was not found.' I have looked up countless other places and all I can find is the configuration files are not the same, yet this error still occurs after an estimated 5 trials after copying the configuration files to the server. I have tested the exact same mod pack in survival and it works. Does anyone have any idea how this happens? This has to be an error with something server-side, maybe something is messed up in how I set up the files. I can also see the creative tabs and all of the item textures and even place the item in my inventory, but when I attempt to place it the item disappears from the inventory and does not place.

I have the start-up batch file run off of the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ' file, but also tried running the forge file using my script file, which does not do anything, literally. I even attempted to run the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar' file directly without a script file, same result.

This is the script I have for my start-up script:

Quote

@echo off
title Server
color 2


java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar

 

Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You are running a vanilla server.

Yes, well, how do I fix this? I installed forge for the server version normally, and I have the batch file running off of the Minecraft 1.7.10, when I tried to use the forge one it didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 6:40 AM, JaariAtmc said:

Please provide a screenshot of your main server folder.

Sure thing

Sketch.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 6:16 AM, JaariAtmc said:

What did you use to try and run the forge file as the server?

Nothing happened, literally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, afchlam said:

Nothing happened, literally.

No, I mean, what did your Start-Server.bat look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

No, I mean, what did your Start-Server.bat look like?

It's in the original post....

 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, afchlam said:

Hello!

I have started a custom mod pack with these mods and whenever I load into the server I cannot craft or spawn non-vanilla objects and only vanilla mobs spawn. I have the gravestone mod installed, yet on death, I drop all items and no gravestones appear. Despite this, I can use NotEnoughItems for recipes and all items show up, vanilla and modded, when I use the /give command I cannot TAB and get other mod items through that. Whenever I attempt to spawn in a non-modded item it gives the error 'Item XXXX was not found.' I have looked up countless other places and all I can find is the configuration files are not the same, yet this error still occurs after an estimated 5 trials after copying the configuration files to the server. I have tested the exact same mod pack in survival and it works. Does anyone have any idea how this happens? This has to be an error with something server-side, maybe something is messed up in how I set up the files. I can also see the creative tabs and all of the item textures and even place the item in my inventory, but when I attempt to place it the item disappears from the inventory and does not place.

I have the start-up batch file run off of the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ' file, but also tried running the forge file using my script file, which does not do anything, literally. I even attempted to run the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar' file directly without a script file, same result.

This is the script I have for my start-up script:

Quote

@echo off
title Server
color 2


java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar

Thank you in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, afchlam said:

It's in the original post....

 

Yes, that's for the vanilla server, what did you have for the forge server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Yes, that's for the vanilla server, what did you have for the forge server?

That is for the forge server! I am not running a damn vanilla server!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, afchlam said:

That is for the forge server! I am not running a damn vanilla server!

You are obviously starting a vanilla server here: java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar 

forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar should be used instead of minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You are obviously starting a vanilla server here: java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar 

forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar should be used instead of minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar.

Like I said in multiple, if not all of the posts,

On 7/3/2018 at 1:01 AM, afchlam said:

Nothing happened, literally.

 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, afchlam said:

Yes, well, how do I fix this? I installed forge for the server version normally, and I have the batch file running off of the Minecraft 1.7.10, when I tried to use the forge one it didn't work.

 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, afchlam said:

Hello!

I have started a custom mod pack with these mods and whenever I load into the server I cannot craft or spawn non-vanilla objects and only vanilla mobs spawn. I have the gravestone mod installed, yet on death, I drop all items and no gravestones appear. Despite this, I can use NotEnoughItems for recipes and all items show up, vanilla and modded, when I use the /give command I cannot TAB and get other mod items through that. Whenever I attempt to spawn in a non-modded item it gives the error 'Item XXXX was not found.' I have looked up countless other places and all I can find is the configuration files are not the same, yet this error still occurs after an estimated 5 trials after copying the configuration files to the server. I have tested the exact same mod pack in survival and it works. Does anyone have any idea how this happens? This has to be an error with something server-side, maybe something is messed up in how I set up the files. I can also see the creative tabs and all of the item textures and even place the item in my inventory, but when I attempt to place it the item disappears from the inventory and does not place.

I have the start-up batch file run off of the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ' file, but also tried running the forge file using my script file, which does not do anything, literally. I even attempted to run the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar' file directly without a script file, same result.

This is the script I have for my start-up script:

Quote

@echo off
title Server
color 2


java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar

Thank you in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tested this myself. I downloaded the forge 1614 installer, extracted the server, took your startup script (renamed the forge file to just Minecraft, for ease of entering), and ran it for the forge. It closed, I accepted the EULA, started again and its running fine now.

This likely means that you have something else going on. Go into the logs folder and add the fml-server-latest log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

I just tested this myself. I downloaded the forge 1614 installer, extracted the server, took your startup script (renamed the forge file to just Minecraft, for ease of entering), and ran it for the forge. It closed, I accepted the EULA, started again and its running fine now.

This likely means that you have something else going on. Go into the logs folder and add the fml-server-latest log.

Running the forge file did not create a log file, and whenever I double-click the script file with the forge file used it just closes, so I stuck a pause command at the end and here's what the batch file displays before it closes: https://pastebin.com/6faRGVVm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, afchlam said:

Running the forge file did not create a log file, and whenever I double-click the script file with the forge file used it just closes, so I stuck a pause command at the end and here's what the batch file displays before it closes: https://pastebin.com/6faRGVVm

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

This right here says that you are using either Java 9 or Java 10, and Forge only takes Java 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/6/2018 at 4:34 AM, JaariAtmc said:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

This right here says that you are using either Java 9 or Java 10, and Forge only takes Java 8.

Now I have this:

Pastebin for error in script: https://pastebin.com/7JZSb54Y

Pastebin for crash log: https://pastebin.com/QHbsvXwE

Edited by afchlam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Simi23
      Hello!
      My problem is the following: I want to make a hexxit server for my friends that I downloaded from technicpack.net, but when I click launch.bat it gives this error code:
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal. loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClass Loader at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.<init>(FMLRelauncher.java:60) at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.instance(FMLRelauncher.java:52) at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelauncher.handleServerRelaunch(FMLRelauncher.java:45) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1367) What can I do about this? I got the latest Java version.
    • By mjmcasio
      I have been trying to start a tekkit server with an additional mod inside the mod folder. The server does not want to load with the mod inside the mod folder, but when i take it out of the the folder the server works completely fine. I am getting stumped and have been trying to figure out why it wants to crash with the mod inside. the mod is Agent Agriculture, and just adds more crops and 3 mobs, and a few other things. thx
       
    • By EnderBluesGaming
      Alright, heres what's going on. I made my modpack, opened it, opened the server, used hamachi, jumped in, and i went through the creative menu to check out some of the mods, and i went to MC Heli's section and Theres no tanks in the tank menu, no  planes in the planes menu, and no helis in the heli menu. I really need help.
       
      I put a picture below to help you guys figure it out
      -Please help, Ender

    • By Toasti3s
      I was trying to start up my Tekkit server when I got an "Exception in server tick loop" error
      (full error here: https://pastebin.com/2eBy6URK)

      This has happened to two different servers of mine. The servers will start up and work perfectly fine.
      If I shut the server down the try to start it back up again I get nothing but that error.
      I can't find any solutions on how to fix this problem. 
      Thank you for any help!