Custom Modpack Server | Cannot spawn, place, or use any modded items

afchlam

Hello!

I have started a custom mod pack with these mods and whenever I load into the server I cannot craft or spawn non-vanilla objects and only vanilla mobs spawn. I have the gravestone mod installed, yet on death, I drop all items and no gravestones appear. Despite this, I can use NotEnoughItems for recipes and all items show up, vanilla and modded, when I use the /give command I cannot TAB and get other mod items through that. Whenever I attempt to spawn in a non-modded item it gives the error 'Item XXXX was not found.' I have looked up countless other places and all I can find is the configuration files are not the same, yet this error still occurs after an estimated 5 trials after copying the configuration files to the server. I have tested the exact same mod pack in survival and it works. Does anyone have any idea how this happens? This has to be an error with something server-side, maybe something is messed up in how I set up the files. I can also see the creative tabs and all of the item textures and even place the item in my inventory, but when I attempt to place it the item disappears from the inventory and does not place.

I have the start-up batch file run off of the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ' file, but also tried running the forge file using my script file, which does not do anything, literally. I even attempted to run the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar' file directly without a script file, same result.

This is the script I have for my start-up script:

@echo off
title Server
color 2

java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar

Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You are running a vanilla server.

Yes, well, how do I fix this? I installed forge for the server version normally, and I have the batch file running off of the Minecraft 1.7.10, when I tried to use the forge one it didn't work.

19 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

No, I mean, what did your Start-Server.bat look like?

It's in the original post....

On 6/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, afchlam said:

Hello!

I have started a custom mod pack with these mods and whenever I load into the server I cannot craft or spawn non-vanilla objects and only vanilla mobs spawn. I have the gravestone mod installed, yet on death, I drop all items and no gravestones appear. Despite this, I can use NotEnoughItems for recipes and all items show up, vanilla and modded, when I use the /give command I cannot TAB and get other mod items through that. Whenever I attempt to spawn in a non-modded item it gives the error 'Item XXXX was not found.' I have looked up countless other places and all I can find is the configuration files are not the same, yet this error still occurs after an estimated 5 trials after copying the configuration files to the server. I have tested the exact same mod pack in survival and it works. Does anyone have any idea how this happens? This has to be an error with something server-side, maybe something is messed up in how I set up the files. I can also see the creative tabs and all of the item textures and even place the item in my inventory, but when I attempt to place it the item disappears from the inventory and does not place.

I have the start-up batch file run off of the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ' file, but also tried running the forge file using my script file, which does not do anything, literally. I even attempted to run the 'minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar' file directly without a script file, same result.

@echo off
title Server
color 2

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, afchlam said:

That is for the forge server! I am not running a damn vanilla server!

You are obviously starting a vanilla server here: java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar 

forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar should be used instead of minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar.

17 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

You are obviously starting a vanilla server here: java -Xmx6144M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar 

forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar should be used instead of minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar.

Like I said in multiple, if not all of the posts,

On 7/3/2018 at 1:01 AM, afchlam said:

Nothing happened, literally.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, afchlam said:

Yes, well, how do I fix this? I installed forge for the server version normally, and I have the batch file running off of the Minecraft 1.7.10, when I tried to use the forge one it didn't work.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, afchlam said:

Hello!

@echo off
title Server
color 2

Thank you in advance.

I just tested this myself. I downloaded the forge 1614 installer, extracted the server, took your startup script (renamed the forge file to just Minecraft, for ease of entering), and ran it for the forge. It closed, I accepted the EULA, started again and its running fine now.

This likely means that you have something else going on. Go into the logs folder and add the fml-server-latest log.

1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

I just tested this myself. I downloaded the forge 1614 installer, extracted the server, took your startup script (renamed the forge file to just Minecraft, for ease of entering), and ran it for the forge. It closed, I accepted the EULA, started again and its running fine now.

This likely means that you have something else going on. Go into the logs folder and add the fml-server-latest log.

Running the forge file did not create a log file, and whenever I double-click the script file with the forge file used it just closes, so I stuck a pause command at the end and here's what the batch file displays before it closes: https://pastebin.com/6faRGVVm

8 hours ago, afchlam said:

Running the forge file did not create a log file, and whenever I double-click the script file with the forge file used it just closes, so I stuck a pause command at the end and here's what the batch file displays before it closes: https://pastebin.com/6faRGVVm

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

This right here says that you are using either Java 9 or Java 10, and Forge only takes Java 8.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:34 AM, JaariAtmc said:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

This right here says that you are using either Java 9 or Java 10, and Forge only takes Java 8.

Now I have this:

Pastebin for error in script: https://pastebin.com/7JZSb54Y

Pastebin for crash log: https://pastebin.com/QHbsvXwE

Edited by afchlam

1 hour ago, afchlam said:

Now I have this:

Pastebin for error in script: https://pastebin.com/7JZSb54Y

Pastebin for crash log: https://pastebin.com/QHbsvXwE

You downloaded the no-longer-available Torch Levers mod from a site like 9minecraft, which never host updated versions of the mod. Your current version crashes you because clientside only code is included.